Middlebury Police Log: Police investigate chainsaw robbery
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police were informed on July 26 about a suspected burglary that occurred sometime during the previous week at Champlain Valley Equipment on Exchange Street.
Store officials said the culprit(s) made off with “several” chainsaws, according to police. The matter remains under investigation.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Helped a local woman locate her mother on July 24.
• Responded to a landlord/tenant dispute at a Route 7 North residence on July 24. Police said the tenant alleged the landlord had entered her apartment to remove some of her belongings. Police said they left a message with the landlord informing him of the tenant’s rights.
• Responded to a traffic accident, with minor injuries, on Route 30 on July 24.
• Investigated a domestic disturbance in the Happy Valley Road area on July 25.
• Helped out at the scene of a dispute between some Washington Street neighbors on July 25.
• Responded to a traffic crash, with minor injuries, on College Street on July 25.
• Launched an investigation into the possible physical abuse of a child at a residence in the South Village Green neighborhood on July 25.
• Warned a person not to sleep in the gazebo on the town green off Main Street on July 25.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with an uncooperative patient in the Court Street area on July 26.
• Helped the Vermont Department for Children & Families with an investigation in the Elm Street area on July 26.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Seminary Street Extension area on July 26.
• Assisted at the scene of a downed phone/cable wire on Weybridge Street on July 27. Police said a large truck had downed the wire.
• Helped calm a domestic dispute in the Route 7 South area on July 27.
• Mediated a dispute involving some Jackson Lane neighbors on July 28.
• Responded to a report of gunshots in the Happy Valley Road area on July 29. Police said they followed the sounds of voices and the smell of smoke, which led them to a person who was hosting a party at which fireworks had been set off. Police warned the resident about the fireworks infraction.
• Helped Middlebury Regional EMS with a drug overdose patient at the Hill House on Route 7 North on July 29.
• Destroyed some drug-related contraband found in the River Road area on July 30.
• Attempted to locate a runaway juvenile male for Vermont State Police on July 30.
• Were asked on July 30 to investigate an alleged sexual assault that allegedly occurred around three years ago in town.
• Responded to a reported domestic dispute in the Jayne Court neighborhood on July 31.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75