Duo of White, Highter earn golf crown
MIDDLEBURY — The team of Dale White and Tyler Highter edged the duo of Steve Maier and Pete Maier to win the top flight of the annual Dud Phinney Member-Guest Tournament, held this past weekend at the Ralph Myhre Golf Course in Middlebury. The pairing of Ross Lengyel and Stephen Merrill rounded out the top three in the tourney’s No. 1 flight.
Sharing medalist honors for the tournament were Kris Kelton and Dana Robinson: Each fired a 69.
The top three finishers in the other six tournament flights were:
• Flight 2: 1. Josiah Bartlett and Dave Anderson; 2. Kirk Goodman and Brett Everest; 3. Kyle Kelton and Taylor Kelton.
• Flight 3: 1. Patrick White and Jim Pratt; 2. Luther Tenny and Pete Mulgrew; 3. Mark Gagne and Chris Gagne.
• Flight 4: 1. Bob Cameron and Gabe Cameron; 2. Raymond Gale and Eric Leno; 3. Steve Myhre and Dennis Smith.
• Flight 5: 1. George Wendel and Gary Hutchinson; 2. Jeff McDonough and Marc McDonough; 3. Skip Doane and Dick LaFave.
• Flight 6: 1. Robert Keiner and Michael Sirotkin; 2. Mike Bordeleau and Pierre Bordeleau; 3. Josh Newton and P.J. Larocque.
• Flight 7: 1. Ric Wheeler and Clark Bryant; 2. Bill Laberge and Bob Kellogg.
Tournament closest-to-the-pin contest winners were Eric Bergland (twice), Rick James, Pete Mulgrew, Dave Anderson, Joe Bartlett, Laberge, Pete Maier, Patrick White, Kyle Kelton, Keiner and Brett Everest.
In other action at Ralph Myhre last week, the foursome of Dale White, Thomas Politano, Lucas Politano and Matthew Blake were the Place Gross winners at the July 25 Tuesday Evening Men’s Scramble, while the quartet of Josh Newton, Bert Phinney, Ric Wheeler and Brian Lind claimed the Place Net victory.
In July 26 Wednesday Evening Women’s League play, the trio of Amey Ryan, Amy Nuceder and Jenn Nuceder emerged victorious.
In July 27 Thursday Night Bill Davidson Men’s Golf, the foursome of Dave Foran, John Davis, Marsdin Van Order and John Myhre prevailed, and Myhre and Foran shared the low net score.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.