The Edge powers past Middlebury swim team in shortened event
MIDDLEBURY — The Middlebury Swim Team worked hard and successfully on June 29 against uncooperative weather at its home meet to stage enough races to make the competition official according to Champlain Valley Swim League rules, but could not defeat visiting CVSL power The Edge, which prevailed, 190-26, in the rain-shortened event.
MST managed to hold the medley relays, in which The Edge rolled to 56-0 lead, and the butterfly and backstroke races before the second half of the meet was called off. Winning events for Middlebury were two 14-and-under boys, Nathan Stone and Oliver Poduschnick.
Regardless of the result, team organizers said they are happy that many families have joined this summer and have introduced new young swimmers to the team.
The meet was the first for MST, which had been rained out on June 27. MST is scheduled to visit the Town of Essex Swim Team on this Thursday.
Scoring points for MST with individual top-three finishes last week were:
• U-10 girls: 3. Lucy Poduschnick.
• U-12 boys: 3. Connor McNamara.
• U-14 girls: 2. Ellie Ross.
• U-14 boys: 1. Stone, 28.07; 3. Fraser Milligan.
• U-18 girls: 3. Rachel Merrill.
• U-18 boys: 3. Devon Kearns.
• U-8 girls: 3. Sadie Chance.
• U-8 boys: 3. Jonathan Carpenter.
• U-10 girls: 3. Ella Kozak.
• U-10 boys: 3. Kaden Hammond.
• U-12 girls: 3. Maddie Crowne.
• U-12 boys: 3. Patrick Stone.
• U-14 boys: 1. O. Podushnick, 31.87; 3. Andy Rockwell.
• U-18 girls: 3. Calista Carl.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75