Vermont State Police Log: Troopers cite Bridport man for DUI 4
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police say that a Bridport man has driven drunk multiple times and they want him off the road.
A trooper on June 21 at approximately 7:40 p.m. stopped a vehicle driven by 37-year-old Chad Nunn on Route 7 in Middlebury. The officer determined that Nunn had been consuming alcohol and took him to the state police barracks in New Haven where he was cited fro driving under the influence, fourth offence, and driving with a criminally suspended license.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On June 21 at around 12:30 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle near the Williston rest area on the northbound side of Interstate 89 in Williston and cited Monroe F. Marshall, 35, of Vergennes for driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On June 23 at 3:39 p.m. reported that Route 30 at Parkhill Road in Cornwall was closed due to a motor vehicle crash and urged motorist to seek alternate routes. Troopers reported the road was open at 4:23 p.m. No details on the crash were released.
• On June 24 at approximately 12:25 p.m. responded to a one-car crash on Lower Hardscrabble Road near Old Airport Road in Monkton. Police report that Calista Sargent, 18, of Bristol was driving a 2006 Subaru Impreza southbound at 35-40 mph when the car struck several potholes causing her to lose control of the vehicle, which left the roadway, overturned and struck several bushes nearby. Sargent was transported to Porter Hospital as a precaution. The car was considered to be a total loss. The Bristol Rescue Squad and Monkton Fire Department assisted troopers at the scene.
• On June 25 at around 7 p.m. saw a motor vehicle violation on Monkton Road in Vergennes and stopped the vehicle. Police report that the driver, identified as 23-year-old Alara Bourgeois of Bristol, was not allowed to drive and cited her for violation of conditions of release.
• On June 26 at just after 10 p.m. stopped a vehicle on Route 4 in Castleton after seeing a motor vehicle violation. Police report that driver Rowan M. Peterson, 27, of Brandon displayed signs of impairment and was screened for driving under the influence. Troopers processed Peterson for DUI drugs and released him pending toxicology results.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)