Vergennes Police Log: Quiet week for Little City force
VERGENNES — In an otherwise mostly quiet seven days between May 22 and 28, Vergennes police issued two citations for impaired driving.
On May 23 while in the East Middlebury area on a grant-funded Click It Or Ticket detail, they cited Kimberly A. LaFave, 54, of Salisbury for driving under the influence of drugs after stopping her vehicle on Route 7 in Salisbury.
On May 28 they stopped a car for speeding on Main Street and cited David G. Brien, 59, of Liverpool, N.Y., for DUI alcohol. Police allege his blood alcohol content tested at 0.157; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
In other action between May 22 and 28, Vergennes police:
• On May 22 searched unsuccessfully for a small dog reported in the road near Vergennes Union High School.
• On May 22 worked a Click It Or Ticket detail in Addison.
• On May 23 helped the Addison County Sheriff’s Department process two people at the city police station.
• On May 23 searched unsuccessfully for someone who rang the doorbell at 1 Alden Place at 3 a.m.
• On May 24 contacted the owner of a wallet found by a Champlain Farms employee.
• On May 25 could not find a speeding pickup on Button Bay Road in Ferrisburgh, but spoke to an Addison farm to which the truck was reported to belong.
• On May 25 left a message for the owner of a wallet a citizen found in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot.
• On May 25 informed the parties involved in a South Maple Street landlord-tenant dispute that they were involved in a civil matter.
• On May 26 searched unsuccessfully for a suspicious man reported at VUHS.
• On May 26 helped a motorist get into a locked car at the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad headquarters.
• On May 27 contacted the owner of a debit card found by a citizen.
• On May 27 spoke to the driver of a vehicle reported to be tailgating on Route 22A.
RIPTON — The memorial service in celebration of the life of Rev. Wayne Alfred Holsman, 87, … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.