Tiger girls’ tennis takes two of three
EAST MONTPELIER — The Middlebury Union High School girls’ tennis team defeated host U-32, 4-3, on Tuesday, a result that combined with a split of two matches late last week moved the Tigers to 3-2.
• At No. 1 singles, Alex Hepp (U) defeated Claire Wulfman (M) 6-2, 6-7, 10-4.
• At No. 2 singles, Sierra Barnicle (M) defeated Ginger Knight (U) 6-3, 4-6, 10-4.
• At No. 3 singles, Charlotte Keathley (M) defeated Addi Hannon (U) 6-0, 6-3.
• At No. 4 singles, Javi Hormasabal-Proquett (U) defeated Amelia Ingersoll (M) 6-4, 6-3.
• At No. 5 singles, Tasha Hescock (M) defeated Eva Jessup (U) 6-4, 6-3.
• At No. 1 doubles, Abi Brewer/Grace Dellinger-Page (U) defeated Monroe Cromis/Nora Draper (M) 6-3, 6-1.
• At No. 2 doubles, Calista Carl/Hattie Lindert (M) defeated Madison Roberge/Ana Young (U) 6-3, 6-2.
Last week, the Tigers won at Harwood, 5-2, on Thursday, but lost at home to BFA-St. Albans, 5-2, on Saturday.
At No. 1, Wulfman won both her matches, both in three sets, winning tiebreakers each time.
Tiger No. 1 doubles teams also won twice. On Thursday, Cromis and Ingersoll won in straight sets, and on Saturday Ingersoll teamed up with Draper to win in a tiebreaker after splitting two sets.
At No. 2. Keathley won on Thursday in straight sets, but came up short vs. BFA, as did Barnicle at No. 3.
At No. 4 Carl lost in a third-set tiebreaker on Thursday, and Cromis lost in straight sets on Saturday.
At No. 5 Draper lost on Thursday, and Carl lost on Saturday.
In second doubles, Hescock and Megi Hoxha won in straight sets vs. Harwood and lost in similar fashion vs. BFA.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.