Middlebury Police Log: Drunk young man driven home
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Brandon Yandow, 20, of Middlebury for attempting to elude a police officer, negligent driving, and driving with a criminally suspended license, following an incident in the South Main Street area on April 22.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a domestic dispute at a North Pleasant Street residence on April 17.
• Served a no-trespass order on April 17 on a man who was not wanted at the Ilsley Public Library.
• Received a report on April 18 from the Vermont Department for Children & Families about an alleged non-consensual sexual incident between two local juveniles. The matter remains under investigation, according to police.
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash, with minor injuries, on Route 7 South near Halladay Road on April 18.
• At 2:52 a.m. on April 19 saw an intoxicated male under age 21 walking south on Court Street Extension. Police issued court diversion paperwork to the young man, gave him a ride to the local home at which he was staying and turned him over to a sober adult.
• Tended to a custody dispute involving the estranged parents of a Mary Hogan Elementary School student on April 19.
• Were alerted on April 20 to a social media post from a local man who stated he wanted to harm himself. Police contacted the man, who was taken to Porter Hospital for evaluation.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local man on April 20.
• Received a report about an alleged embezzlement at a Collins Drive organization on April 21. Police declined to divulge the organization’s name and said the crime remains under investigation.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the North Pleasant Street area on April 22.
• Investigated a report of stolen license plates in the Jackson Lane area on April 22.
• Responded on April 22 to a report of someone stealing money from three unlocked vehicles parked at a Seminary Street Extension residence.
• Helped a person who had allegedly been threatened by another person during what police described as a “road rage” incident on Washington Street Extension on April 23.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a juvenile who had allegedly been using a fake ID in an attempt to buy alcohol at the Waybury Inn on April 23.
• Assisted state police at the scene of a car crash on Route 30 in Cornwall on April 23.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a South Main Street resident on behalf of the Brandon Police Department on April 23.
• Investigated a reported theft of four ATV tires from the yard of a Seymour Street residence on April 24.
• Responded to the report of an out-of-control patient who had allegedly been assaulting Porter Medical Center staff on April 24.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS and Middlebury College Security with a suicidal woman on April 24. Emergency responders took the woman to Porter Hospital, according to police.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.