Boys’ tennis drops opener
MONTPELIER — Host Montpelier blanked the Middlebury Union High School boys’ tennis team on Wednesday, 7-0, dealing the program its first regular-season loss since 2015.
The Solons cruised in most matches, winning all but No. 1 singles in straight sets. That three-set match was hotly contested, but won by Solon Tyler Cain over Tiger Ziven McCarty in the tiebreaker, 10-7.
The scores were:
• 1st singles: Montpelier’s Cain McCarty, 6-7, 6-2, 1-0.
• 2nd singles: Montpelier’s Alberto Sanz defeated Owen Hammel, 6-1, 6-0.
• 3rd singles: Montpelier’s Graham Janson defeated Jesse Rubin, 6-2, 6-0.
• 4th singles: Montpelier’s Truman Lee-Solomon defeated Ronan Howlett, 6-0, 6-0.
• 5th singles: Montpelier’s Henry Valentine defeated Spencer Doran, 6-0, 6-1.
• 1st doubles: Montpelier’s Cole Bingham and Jim Wei Rahill defeated Sam Daly and Drew Kiernan, 6-0, 6-0.
• 2nd doubles: Montpelier’s Ben Hancock-Song and Alex Alison defeated Hunter Munteanu and Alex Marohnic 6-1, 6-2.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.