Middlebury Police Log: Alleged assault under investigation
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police launched an investigation into an alleged domestic assault in the Delancy Lane area on Feb. 15.
Police had not made any arrests in the matter as the Independent went to press.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of a theft from a Middlebury College dorm room (off Chateau Road) on Feb. 13. Police said they found no evidence of forced entry into the room.
• Received a report on Feb. 13 that two men had left Shaw’s Supermarket without paying for wine.
• Investigated a vandalism complaint at a Seymour Street residence on Feb. 13.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with an “out-of-control” woman on Feb. 14.
• Were contacted on Feb. 14 by a Middlebury Union High School student who alleged her ex-boyfriend had been threatening her and claimed he would harm himself. Middlebury’s school resource officer helped resolve the issue.
• Investigated a report on Feb. 14 that two women had attempted to kick the glass out of the bus waiting area on Merchants Row. Police said they found no damage.
• Investigated allegations that a man had stolen three containers of wine from Shaw’s Supermarket on Feb. 14. Store officials told police they believe the culprit had previously stolen wine from business.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a medical call on Elm Street on Feb. 15.
• Investigated a suspected theft from a Weybridge Street residence on Feb. 15.
• Responded to a reported vehicle-pedestrian mishap at the intersection of Court and Cross streets on Feb. 15. Police said the pedestrian, who sustained minor injuries, was taken to Porter Hospital by Middlebury Regional EMS.
• Cited William Harris, 58, of Middlebury for retail theft, following an alleged incident at Shaw’s Supermarket on Feb. 15.
• Responded to a one-vehicle crash on Route 7 South on Feb. 15. Police said an occupant of the vehicle sustained minor injuries.
• Received a report on Feb. 16 about a possible sexual assault alleged to have occurred in the Middlebury area “several years ago,” according to police. The Addison County Unit for Special Investigations is helping local police look into the allegations.
• Received a report about an “irate patient” at Porter Hospital on Feb. 16.
• Turned over, to Middlebury College Public Safety, a man who was seen staggering on South Main Street on Feb. 17.
• Tended to a noise complaint in the Weybridge Street area during the early morning of Feb. 17.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Weybridge Street residence on Feb. 17.
• Assisted a driver who had gone off the road on Lower Foote Street on Feb. 17.
• Issued court diversion paperwork on Feb. 18 to a young woman who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol on Middlebury College campus. Police also issued the woman court diversion paperwork for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
• Cited Mike Giorgio, 49, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, following a one-vehicle accident off School House Hill Road on Feb. 18. Police said they measured Giorgio’s blood-alcohol level at 0.099 percent; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
• Responded to a report of a drunken student on Middlebury College campus on Feb. 18. Police said the woman was taken to Porter Hospital for treatment.
• Responded to a report of a loud party at a Weybridge Street residence on Feb. 18. Police said the party was breaking up when they arrived.
• Investigated a report about an alleged fight in a Court Street apartment building on Feb. 18. Police said the two individuals in question were “only horse playing.” Police cautioned the pair about making noise.
• Informed the local game warden about a report of an aggressive dog in the Case Street area on Feb. 18.
• Checked the welfare of an Otterside Court resident who was reported late for work and not answering the phone on Feb. 18.
• Received a report about an alleged assault on the Porter Hospital campus on Feb. 19. Police said the case remains under investigation.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75