Middlebury Police Log: Authorities cite several for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — On Jan. 1 at almost half past midnight, Middlebury police cited Wesley O’Dell, 41, of Middlebury for driving under the influence and attempting to elude a police officer after a traffic stop and short foot pursuit on Court Street.
Police said they measured O’Dell’s blood-alcohol content at 0.198 percent; the legal limit is 0.08.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Took a suicidal woman to Porter Hospital after an incident on South Street on Dec. 26.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the North Pleasant Street area on Dec. 26.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a North Pleasant Street home on Dec. 27.
• Received a report about an injured deer on Quarry Road on Dec. 27.
• Responded to a report of gunshots in the Valley View Drive area on Dec. 27.
• Cited Dennis Costello, 24, of Salisbury for driving under the influence following a traffic stop in Court Square on Dec. 28. Police said Costello refused a breath test.
• Helped a suicidal woman in the Court Street area on Dec. 28.
• Were informed someone had stolen a Washington Street resident’s bike on Dec. 28. Police said they soon found the bike and returned it to its owner.
• Investigated a complaint about an unwanted person in a Court Street apartment on Dec. 29.
• Responded to a theft complaint in the Court Street area on Dec. 29.
• Tended to a noise complaint in the Court Street area on Dec. 29.
• Helped drivers with vehicles that had slid off Seymour Street and Seminary Street Extension during snowy conditions on Dec. 29.
• Received a report about a person becoming disruptive at the Ilsley Public Library on Dec. 29. Police said the man had left upon their arrival.
• Responded to Porter Hospital on Dec. 30 on a report that a staff member had allegedly been threatened by a patient’s relative.
• Investigated a family fight between a mother and daughter at a John Graham Court residence on Dec. 30.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a North Pleasant Street residence on Dec. 30.
• Received a report that someone had driven away from a Court Street filling station without paying for $30 in gas on Dec. 31.
• Responded to a report of an argument between a man and woman in the Court Street area on Dec. 31.
• Responded to a report of an intoxicated woman who was seen falling down repeatedly in the Court Street area on Jan. 1 at 7:49 p.m. Police said they located the woman, together with a drunken man, and took both to the warming shelter at the Charter House, where they said both had been staying.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)