Middlebury Police Log: Brandon man cited for drunken driving
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Harold Brown, 66, of Brandon for driving under the influence, following a report that he had allegedly driven on the sidewalk off South Street with a flat tire on Nov. 25.
Police said they measured Brown’s blood-alcohol content at 0.138 percent; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated an accident involving a vehicle running into a pedestrian on Washington Street, near Shaw’s Supermarket, on Nov. 21. Police said the pedestrian sustained minor injuries.
• Received, from a South Village Green resident, some pieces of a water bong (drug paraphernalia) to be destroyed on Nov. 21.
• Responded to a car-versus-deer crash on Munger Street in New Haven on Nov. 22.
• Served a restraining order on a local woman on Nov. 22.
• Were informed that Helen Porter nursing home had been receiving some harassing phone calls on Nov. 22.
• Were informed on Nov. 23 of the theft of some signs from outside of Middlebury College’s Chellis House off Hillcrest Road on Nov. 23.
• Received a report about the theft of an unspecified sum of cash from Middlebury College’s Hadley Hall, as well as its Field House on Nov. 23.
• Were informed on Nov. 23 of the theft of a laptop from Middlebury College’s Ross Dining Hall on College Street on Nov. 23.
• Responded to a domestic dispute at the Briarwood Apartments on Nov. 23. Police said a couple had been arguing.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in investigating a car crash on River Road in New Haven on Nov. 23.
• Responded to a report of a woman allegedly threatening to harm herself with a knife at a Valley View residence on Nov. 24. Police said the woman denied the report. The woman left the home to be with family members, according to police.
• Served a restraining order on a local man on behalf of the Berlin Police Department on Nov. 24.
• Responded to a reported dispute between two Birchard Park neighbors on Nov. 26.
• Investigated a report of a “very intoxicated” man yelling at the roundabout intersection on Main Street in downtown Middlebury on Nov. 26. Police said the man was taken to Porter Hospital due to his high blood-alcohol level.
• Investigated a report of credit card fraud at a Parkline Place residence on Nov. 26.
• Responded to a report of a suspected drunken driver on Court Street Extension on Nov. 26. Police said the driver was simply tired.
• Assisted a county game warden with a deer that had been struck by a vehicle on Lower Plains Road on Nov. 27.
• Attempted to find a woman who left Porter Hospital with an IV still in her arm on Nov. 27.
• Helped resolve a domestic dispute at a Valley View home on Nov. 27. Police said one person was trying to prevent another person from removing things from their apartment.
• Assisted Vergennes police at Porter Hospital with an unresponsive patient who had been taken in for treatment on Nov. 28.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75