Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury man cited for domestic assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Robert Poppenga, 18, of Middlebury for three counts of domestic assault, following an alleged incident at a Court Street home on Oct. 28.
Police said Poppenga was lodged at the Marble Valley Correctional Center for lack of bail.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed that a man had stolen a pack of cigarettes from the Champlain Farms store on Court Street on Oct. 24.
• Investigated a report of a car on the runway at the Middlebury State Airport on Oct. 24. Police said a pilot was using the vehicle to check for deer prior to his departure.
• Returned three truant Middlebury Union High School students to school on Oct. 25. Police said they spotted the youths in the Court Street Extension area during the school day.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a medical call on High Street on Oct. 25.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a woman on Creek Road on Oct. 25.
• Responded to a reported dispute between a man and woman on Court Street Extension on Oct. 25. Police determined the dispute was only verbal.
• Investigated a two-car crash at the intersection of Foote Street and Quarry Road on Oct. 26. Police said while the accident resulted in major damage to the vehicles, there were no reported injuries.
• Broke up a verbal argument between two people in the Court Street area on Oct. 26.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Court Street apartment building on Oct. 27.
• Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS, to a report of a suicidal person at a Wilmar Road residence on Oct. 27.
• Received a report on Oct. 27 that an MUHS student had allegedly sent an “indecent image” to others. Police are investigating the matter.
• Investigated a trespassing complaint in the Old Chapel Road area of Middlebury College on Oct. 27.
• Received a report from MUHS officials that one student had shot another student in the foot with an arrow during gym class on Oct. 27. The matter remains under investigation, according to police.
• Warned the tenants of a Seymour Street Extension home to quiet a party they were hosting on Oct. 29.
• Investigated a credit card fraud complaint at a Court Street business on Oct. 29.
• Served court diversion paperwork for possession of marijuana to the occupants of a vehicle stopped for speeding on Court Street Extension on Oct. 29. Police said they seized marijuana and related paraphernalia from the vehicle.
• Separated two men who appeared on the verge of a physical fight in a Court Street Extension parking lot on Oct. 29.
• Responded to a report of a drunken, naked woman running along Park Street at around 10:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 28. Police said the woman had apparently returned to the location of a college student party when they arrived.
• Received a report of a traffic accident, with minor injuries, on Route 7 South on Oct. 28.
• Received a report on Oct. 28 from MUHS about a potential sexual assault. Police said the Vermont Department for Children & Families will investigate the case.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the South Street area on Oct. 30.
• Received a report that some mailboxes had been vandalized on Seymour Street Extension on Oct. 30.
• Investigated a trespassing compliant on College Street on Oct. 30.
• Were informed that someone has damaged a mailbox on East Main Street on Oct. 30.
• Responded to a reported verbal disagreement between a patron and an employee of Greystone Motel about room rates on Oct. 30.