Middlebury Police Log: Suicial woman taken to Porter Hospital
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police found a suicidal woman outdoors in the Woodland Park area on Aug. 7. Police took the woman to Porter Hospital for treatment by the Counseling Service of Addison County.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Took an extremely drunken man to Porter Hospital for treatment on Aug. 1.
• Investigated the alleged violation of a relief from abuse order at a South Pleasant Street residence on Aug. 2.
• Assisted a local resident who alleged that someone had forged and cashed one of her checks on Aug. 2.
• Assisted Brandon police with the arrest of a man on Route 7 South in Middlebury following a pursuit in Brandon on Aug. 2.
• Investigated a suspected illegal burn on East Main Street on Aug. 3.
• Responded to a report of a one-car crash in front of the Blue Spruce Motel off Route 7 South on Aug. 3. Police said a woman had driven off the road and into a culvert.
• Removed a bat from a Quarry Road home on Aug. 3 and released it back into the wild.
• Received a report from the Addison County Solid Waste District about a customer allegedly leaving the Route 7 transfer station without paying after dumping trash on Aug. 4.
• Investigated an argument on Aug. 5 during a child custody exchange on Washington Street. Police said the dispute centered on the child’s electric wheelchair.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with an elderly patient suffering from delusions in the Buttolph Drive area on Aug. 6.
• Received a complaint on Aug. 6 from a Maple Street business owner that an ex-employee had been harassing him.
• Found a dog tied up at the Merchants Row bus stop on Aug. 6. Police took the dog to the Addison County Humane Society.
• Spoke on Aug. 6 with a local man who had been receiving unwanted contact from his ex-wife.
• Received a report that someone had keyed a vehicle parked at the South Village Green housing complex on Aug. 6.
• Responded to a single vehicle crash, with minor injuries, on Quarry Road on Aug. 6.
• Seized 13.5 grams of marijuana from a driver who had been stopped for driving with a suspended license at the intersection of Main Street and Merchants Row on Aug. 6. Police served the man with court diversion paperwork for the marijuana offense.
• Assisted Vermont State Police with the screening of a suspected drunken driver at the intersection of Route 7 and the River Road in New Haven on Aug. 6.
• Responded to a local man’s allegation that he had been “poisoned” by McDonald’s Restaurant French fries on Aug. 7. Police determined the man was experiencing some mental health problems, and took him to Porter Hospital for counseling.
• Assisted in a child custody exchange on Aug. 7.
• Received a complaint about a Jackson Lane resident allegedly harassing and videotaping her neighbor’s children on Aug. 7.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.