Middlebury Police Log: Local man stopped for 3rd DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Michael T. Livingston, 55, of Middlebury for driving under the influence (third offense), following a traffic stop on Court Street Extension on June 26.
Police said they measured Livingston’s blood-alcohol level at 0.322 percent, which is four times the legal limit for driving in Vermont. Livingston was lodged that evening at the Marble Valley Regional Correctional Facility, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Cited Joshua Provoncho, 37, of Middlebury for domestic assault, following an alleged incident off Fenn Farm Lane on June 20.
• Investigated a child custody dispute between a Middlebury couple on June 20.
• Received a report that someone had driven off without paying for gas at the Maplefields store off North Pleasant Street on June 20.
• Were informed of the theft of two checkbooks from a Parkline Place home on June 20.
• Served a no-trespass notice on a person who was not wanted at a Court Street location on June 21.
• Responded to a family dispute at a Lower Plains Road home on June 21.
• Found two homeless people sleeping in a van parked off Court Street Extension on June 21.
• Responded to a report of a person operating a vehicle on East Main Street without the owner’s consent on June 22.
• Responded to a family fight at an East Main Street residence on June 22.
• Responded to a child custody exchange case in the Court Street area on June 22.
• Investigated a report of people allegedly smoking marijuana in the Memorial Sports Center parking lot off Buttolph Drive on June 23.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS on June 23 with a man believed to have been drunk in the Brookside Drive area.
• Investigated a trespassing complaint in the North Pleasant Street area on June 23.
• Gave two separate warnings to an intoxicated woman who was making noise on Seminary Street on June 23.
• Checked on the emotional welfare of a local man deemed “possibly suicidal” by his spouse on June 24.
• Were informed that a bad check had been passed at an Exchange Street business on June 24.
• Received a report that some solar lights had been stolen form the front lawn of a Seymour Street Extension home on June 24.
• Helped a motorist who had driven off of Case Street on June 25.
• Responded to a report of a young child walking alone on Route 7 on June 25. Police said the child was later located at home. Authorities said they have made a report to the Vermont Department for Children and Families.
• Investigated a report of a man allegedly checking on doors at a Creek Road home on June 25.
• Responded to a report of some people allegedly arguing loudly near the intersection of Seminary and Washington streets on June 26.
• Assisted Vermont State Police on an assault case off River’s Bend Road in New Haven on June 26.
• Assisted state police with a drunk driving arrest on Case Street on June 26.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.