Middlebury Police Log: Area woman sited for second DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Lillian Popiel, 27, of New Haven for driving under the influence (second offense) following a traffic stop on Route 23 on May 14.
Police said they measured Popiel’s blood-alcohol content at 0.119 percent; the legal limit is 0.08.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a two-vehicle fender-bender, with minor injuries, on Route 7 South on May 9.
• Were informed on May 10 of several recent thefts from Middlebury College campus. The thefts included a wallet, a computer, and several instances of cash, according to police.
• Received a report that a truck had been stolen from Rouse Tire Sales off Willow Drive on May 10. Police said an employee had driven the vehicle to a different location in Middlebury.
• Searched in vain for a man who had reportedly been yelling randomly at people in the South Main Street area on May 10.
• Responded to a report of a local resident being threatened via telephone on May 10.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with what police described as a “juvenile issue” on May 10.
• Responded to a verbal dispute between two men who had been arguing over a campfire at a Seymour Street location on May 11.
• Ticketed a local juvenile for being a minor in possession of tobacco in the Charles Avenue area on May 11.
• Were unable to locate a vehicle that had reportedly sped through the Buttolph Drive neighborhood on May 12.
• Responded to a report of a loose cow on Route 7 North on May 12.
• On May 12 warned a Creek Road man who had been confronting pedestrians, claiming that he owned the roadway.
• Met with a driver about a dog left in a vehicle off Bakery Lane on May 12.
• Investigated a report of someone allegedly urinating in the Ilsley Public Library on May 12.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a college off-campus party at a Seymour Street Extension residence on May 13. Police gave the tenants a noise violation.
• Responded to reports of a loud party at a Washington Street residence on May 13.
• Investigated a report that someone had driven away from a Court Street business without paying for gasoline on May 13.
• Disposed of a syringe that was found in the parking lot of a Court Street business on May 13.
• Responded to a report of a man hollering and acting strangely while standing near the train tracks behind Danforth Pewter off Seymour Street on May 13. Police said the man was “expressing excitement” while playing a game on his phone.
• Calmed a Route 7 North resident who was having a mental health issue on May 13.
• Responded to a verbal dispute between some intoxicated people at a Seminary Street residence on May 13. Police said one of the people left the residence and the situation calmed down.
• Responded to a reported verbal dispute between a married couple in the Woodbridge Lane area on May 14.
• Assisted Middlebury College Public Safety with a non-student who was intoxicated on campus on Ridgeline Road on May 14.
• Cited Carol Rudinski, 58, of New Haven for driving under the influence, following a one-vehicle (non-injury) accident on Painter Hills Road on May 15. Police said they measured Rudinski’s blood-alcohol level at 0.249 percent.
• Investigated a report of a driver operating erratically on Route 30 on May 15. Police located the driver, who they said was not impaired.
• Responded to a family argument at a Buttolph Drive home on May 15.
• Investigated a dispute between a woman and her ex-boyfriend in the North Pleasant Street area on May 15.
• Were informed that a woman’s wallet was misplaced or stolen while she was at the Hannaford Supermarket on Court Street Extension on May 15.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75