Vergennes Police Log: Waltham man cited for assault in parking lot
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on April 25 cited a Waltham man for simple assault that they said occurred in the New Haven Road parking lot of the Eagles Club.
Police cited Michael T. Smith, 36, of Waltham for allegedly striking another man several times outside the clubhouse, causing minor injuries. Police the next day also issued an abuse prevention order to Smith.
In other incidents between April 25 and May 1, Vergennes police:
• On April 25 cited a New Jersey resident for excessive speed after clocking his car at 89 mph in a 30 mph West Main Street zone.
• On April 25 responded to West Main Street, where a motor home driver had driven off the highway trying to make a U-turn.
• On April 25 helped a motorist get into a locked car at Shaw’s Supermarket.
• On April 25 spoke to the Vergennes Union High School about alleged bullying after receiving a complaint at the station.
• On April 25 looked for a man reported to be smoking marijuana outside the Bixby Library, but found no one.
• On April 25 went to a Second Street home along with the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad to help a woman who was reported to have been drinking and was unresponsive; VARS took her to the UVM Medical Center.
• On April 26 were told $500 of tools had been taken from a model modular home on Panton Road.
• On April 27 aided Vermont State Police at the city police station by having the department Drug Recognition Expert evaluate a driver for impairment.
• On April 28 ticketed a driver for driving an overweight truck on Monkton Road.
• On April 28 referred a Waltham child custody dispute to VSP.
• On April 28 ticketed a driver for using a cell phone and confiscated drug paraphernalia at a King Street traffic stop.
• On April 29 checked out on behalf of VSP a report of a couple arguing in a car on Plank Road in New Haven; they were gone when city police arrived.
• On April 29 investigated a child custody dispute along with VSP and Department for Children and Families (DCF) at the request of Vergennes Union Elementary School administrators.
• On April 29 served paperwork to a Main Street resident on behalf of DCF.
• On April 30 ticketed a motorist for driving 59 mph in a 30 mph zone near Kayhart Crossing.
• On April 30 checked the welfare of a North Green Street resident, who was found to be fine.
• On April 30 while traveling happened by the end of a high-speed chase in Hinesburg that involved VSP and Essex and Bristol police; the department canine alerted on the car involved, which had crashed, for the presence of drugs, city police said.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75