Vergennes Police Log: Assaults keep city police busy
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on April 15 dealt with an assault and a separate dispute at which a blow was allegedly struck.
In one incident, they cited Christopher Zeno, 49, of Vergennes for repeatedly punching another man. Police said Zeno argued with the other man because he had allegedly stolen something from Zeno. The other man during the argument pushed Zeno, and Zeno then allegedly began punching, police said. Police cited Zeno for simple assault and released him with conditions.
In the other case, police responded to a Mountain View Lane incident in which two men were arguing and one allegedly struck the other. The man who apparently had been hit, however, said he was unhurt and in no pain.
In other incidents between April 11 and 17, Vergennes police:
• On April 11 calmed and separated a mother and daughter who were arguing at a West Main Street residence.
• On April 12 and 13 went to the same Main Street apartment building twice because of the odor of marijuana, but could not pinpoint which apartment was the source.
• On April 13 began dealing with a complaint of the regular odor of marijuana in the Armory Lane senior housing complex. Police said they have not been able to determine the source, but have been patrolling the complex regularly.
• On April 13 checked the welfare of a 4-year-old child at a Main Street apartment on behalf of the Department for Children and Families; police determined the child was fine.
• On April 14 dealt with a minor two-car accident on South Water Street.
• On April 15 ticketed a driver for a counterfeit inspection sticker and for lack of insurance.
• On April 15 helped a motorist get into a locked car on Main Street.
• On April 16 cited Chase Gallison, 24, of South Burlington for driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a criminally suspended license. Police said they stopped Gallison’s vehicle for driving the wrong way on a one-way stretch of East Street, and alleged that his evidentiary blood-alcohol test read 0.136. The legal limit for driving is 0.08.
• On April 16 responded to the intersection of Route 7 and Little Chicago Road in Ferrisburgh to help the Ferrisburgh and Vergennes fire departments deal with an out-of-control brush fire.
• On April 16 investigated a fight at the Vergennes Union Elementary School playground in which one individual was injured and referred the incident to the Addison County State’s Attorney.
• On April 17 helped a motorist get into a locked car in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot.
• On April 17 responded to a complaint of ATVs being ridden on the road in the Hopkins Road area, but they were gone when police arrived.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75