Vergennes Police Log: Driver backs into car across street, cited for DUI
VERGENNES — Police on April 6 issued a Vergennes woman four citations, including a felony charge for driving under the influence, third offense, following a Main Street car accident.
Vergennes police said that at about 7:15 p.m. that Wednesday, a car driven by Crystal Soule, 34, backed out of a parking space all the way across Main Street and struck an occupied car parked on the opposite side of the road.
Vergennes police cited Soule for DUI-drugs, driving with a criminally suspended license, possession of marijuana, and for “limitations on backing,” a charge they said stemmed from careless driving in reverse.
Between April 4 and 10, Vergennes police also responded to three burglar alarms; conducted six property watches, four parking patrols and four speed enforcement details; and:
• On April 4 ticketed a driver for marijuana possession at a Monkton Road traffic stop.
• On April 5 cited two Monkton residents, a brother and sister, for the theft of $400 from a cafeteria office at United Technologies Corp.; police cited Kyrsten Howard, 31, for burglary and petit larceny, and Evan Howard, 29, for petit larceny.
• On April 5 cited a driver for speeding on North Main Street; a criminal case is pending because police also found more than an ounce of marijuana in the vehicle.
• On April 7 dealt with a minor two-car accident on South Water Street.
• On April 7 checked a Second Street tool shed for the possible theft of tools after the owner found its door open. Police determined nothing had been taken, but advised the property owner to find a more secure storage option.
• On April 7 helped Vermont State Police process cases at the New Haven barracks.
• On April 8 dealt with a minor two-car accident at the intersection of New Haven Road and East Street.
• On April 9 at a Macdonough Drive traffic stop cited Allen Pike, 37, of Monkton for driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On April 9 dealt with a minor two-car accident in a Monkton Road parking lot.
• On April 9 calmed a verbal family fight at a West Main Street home.
• On April 10 dealt with a minor two-car accident in a Green Street parking lot.
• On April 10 went to Panton Road in Panton and checked the welfare of a man who was reported to be suicidal and determined he was OK.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.