Middlebury Police Log: Woman receives citation for alleged assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Shawna Thorpe, 34, of Rochester for the alleged assault of a tenant at a North Pleasant Street apartment on Dec. 29.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of the theft of a backpack from an Addison County Transit Resources bus on Dec. 28.
• Responded to a tenant complaint at a North Pleasant Street apartment building on Dec. 28.
• Investigated the reported burglary of a Cedar Court residence during which the culprit(s) allegedly made off with a gold necklace on Dec. 28.
• Received a report on Dec. 28 that a bad check had been passed at Middlebury Beef Supply on Route 7 South.
• Investigated an illegal dumping complaint off Boardman Street on Dec. 28.
• Responded to a noise complaint at an Exchange Street business on Dec. 29. Police said the noise was caused by some employees trying to free a frozen door.
• Met with some juveniles who had hit a passing vehicle with a snowball on Seminary Street Extension on Dec. 31.
• Responded to a fraud complaint at a South Main Street address on Dec. 31.
• Seized a small amount of marijuana found in a vehicle during a consent search at a DUI checkpoint on Route 7 South on Dec. 31. Police said the driver was ticketed for possession of marijuana.
• Took into protective custody a man found wandering into traffic on Route 7 South on Jan. 1.
• Investigated an alleged road rage incident on South Main Street on Jan. 1. Police have no suspects at this time.
• Investigated a report of three youths allegedly smoking marijuana in a vehicle parked off Court Street Extension on Jan. 1. Police said the vehicle was gone upon their arrival.
• Checked the welfare of a man at a Seminary Street residence on Jan. 1. Police said the man was OK, though under the influence of alcohol.
• Assisted state police in investigating a disturbance off Smead Road in Salisbury on Jan. 1.
• Responded to a malicious mischief complaint at the Otter Creek Brewing pub on Jan. 2. Police said someone had caused damage to the pub, after hours. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Ticketed a woman for being in possession of marijuana, following a traffic stop on Court Street on Jan. 2.
• Found a child walking on Exchange Street during the early morning of Jan. 2. Police gave the child a ride home.
• Interviewed a man who alleged he had been threatened by another man while visiting a home in the Airport Road area on Jan. 3.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a suicidal man on Route 7 North on Jan. 3.
• Dealt with a dispute between some Sugarwood Court neighbors on Jan. 3.
• Assisted Vermont State Police in the high-speed pursuit of a suspect on Jan. 3 (see related VSP log entry). Christopher Shores, 21, of East Middlebury was cited into court to answer several charges, including excessive speed and driving while under the influence.
• Responded to a report of someone allegedly rummaging through a vehicle at Randy’s Service Center on Jan. 4. Police said they could find no evidence of a crime at the scene.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75