Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury police handle thefts, assault and other incidents
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Sierra Grimes, 21, of Middlebury on an arrest warrant for an outstanding domestic assault case in the North Pleasant Street area on Dec. 15.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian on Seminary Street on Dec. 14. Police said the pedestrian was injured.
• Investigated a report of a child and adult screaming in a Sugarwood Court residence on Dec. 15. Police determined the commotion was caused by a child who was refusing to go to bed.
• Investigated a reported assault at a business off Feed Mill Lane in Middlebury’s industrial park on Dec. 15. Police said the people involved in the case elected not to pursue charges.
• Were informed that a snowboard had been stolen from Middlebury College campus on Dec. 15.
• Cited a juvenile student for possession of marijuana at Middlebury Union High School on Dec. 16.
• Responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at an Ossie Road home on Dec. 16.
• Assisted workers at Two Brothers Tavern in checking what they believed might be a fake ID on Dec. 17. Police said the ID turned out to be real.
• Investigated an argument between some roommates at an East Main Street residence on Dec. 17.
• Stood by until a towing service cleared a vehicle from Route 7 South on Dec. 17.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Main Street on Dec. 18.
• Cited a juvenile for theft, in connection with the alleged theft of a bicycle from the MUHS campus on Dec. 18.
• Investigated the reported theft of some money from a Cedar Court apartment on Dec. 18.
• Were informed that someone had used social media to harass the employees at an Exchange Street business on Dec. 18.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Jayne Court neighborhood on Dec. 19.
• Investigated a reported open flame at a construction site off Main Street on Dec. 19.
• Were informed that someone had stolen some cash from a vehicle parked off Seymour Street on Dec. 21.
• Cited Jeffrey Kramer, 25, of Middlebury for retail theft, following an alleged incident at the Hannaford Supermarket on Dec. 20.