Vergennes Police Log: Police respond to arguments, motorist issues
VERGENNES — In a mostly routine seven days between Nov. 9 and 15, Vergennes police:
• On Nov. 9 and 12 received tips about drug use and trafficking in the Vergennes area.
• On Nov. 9 helped a motorist get into a locked car on Green Street.
• On Nov. 10 checked out a report of a drunken man at Champlain Farms and determined he was OK.
• On Nov. 10 backed up Vermont State Police at a domestic dispute in New Haven.
• On Nov. 11 calmed a domestic dispute between a mother and daughter on Walker Avenue.
• On Nov. 11 calmed arguing roommates on Adele Drive.
• On Nov. 11 responded to a landlord-tenant dispute on North Main Street and told the parties the issue had to be settled in court.
• On Nov. 11 checked out a report of a one-car crash near the intersection of Main Street and Monkton Road, but found nothing.
• On Nov. 13 helped VSP in New Haven with a person in distress.
• On Nov. 13 stopped a car for defective equipment at the intersection of Main and Green streets and cited the driver for driving without insurance, ticketed him for drug paraphernalia, and issued him court diversion paperwork for possession of a small amount of marijuana.
• On Nov. 14 twice helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad at the Creek View Apartment complex.
• On Nov. 14 called the owner of a vehicle blocking a Green Street driveway.
• On Nov. 14 dealt with a fender-bender in the Vergennes Animal Hospital parking lot.
• On Nov. 14 helped motorists get into locked cars on Main and South Water streets.