Parkinson’s resources, nearby and on the web
BRISTOL — There are a variety of resources for people to learn more about Parkinson’s disease.
Anyone seeking to learn more about the local Movers and Shakers support group that meets the last Thursday of each month may contact organizer Mike Gray at 453-5148. It should be noted that due to upcoming holidays, the group will shift its November meeting to the 19th and its December meeting to the 17th. The meetings begin at 10 a.m. and run until 11:30 a.m., at the Mountain Health Center, 74 Munsill Ave., Bristol.
Here are some useful websites:
• Vermont Chapter of APDA – Support Groups: parkinsonsvt.org/information-referral/support-network
• The Binter Center: www.uvmhealth.org/medcenter/Pages/Departments-and-Programs/Movement-Diso…
• The APDA, fast facts about PD: www.apdaparkinson.org/pd-awareness-info-graphic
• Parkinson’s Disease Q&A brochure: www.pdf.org/pdf/pubs_parkinson_qa_14.pdf
• Getting Involved in Parkinson’s Disease Research: www.pdf.org/pdf/pubs_getting_inv_research13.pdf