Middlebury police log for 8/27: Theft of medicine, etc. a mystery
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police were informed of the alleged theft of medicine, cash and jewelry from a Valley View apartment on Aug. 20.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Received a report on Aug. 17 of the theft of some copper pipes from a Route 7 South home. Police said this was the second time this crime has been reported at the home since 2013.
• Impounded a car found in the Prospect Cemetery off Case Street on Aug. 17 after determining it had been involved in a pursuit with Brandon police.
• Issued a no-trespass order on Aug. 18 on a person who was not wanted at a Court Street business.
• Responded to a dispute between two roommates at a Jayne Court residence on Aug. 18.
• Checked on a report of a child allegedly left unattended in a hot car parked on Main Street on Aug. 19.
• Checked on the welfare of a man found sleeping under the Cross Street Bridge on Aug. 19.
• Interviewed a local woman who requested the filing of a temporary restraining order against her ex-boyfriend after having allegedly been threatened by him through Facebook on Aug. 20.
• Received a report on Aug. 20 about a car-vs.-bicycle accident on Route 125 West that resulted in an injury.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man on behalf of a local resident on Aug. 20.
• Assisted an East Middlebury woman who had allegedly threatened to harm herself on Aug. 20.
• Interviewed some South Pleasant Street residents on Aug. 21 who were concerned that a neighbor might be stalking them.
• Spoke with a dog owner who had left his animals inside a vehicle parked off Court Street Extension during warm weather on Aug. 21.
• Helped state police with an ongoing domestic dispute at a Salisbury residence on Aug. 21.
• Helped rescue officials get inside a locked home in the Cedar Court neighborhood on Aug. 21.
• Helped resolve a dispute between a drunken woman and a Seminary Street neighbor on Aug. 22.
• Assisted state police with a drunken driving stop on South Street on Aug. 22.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS in helping a woman who was having a mental health issue on Merchants Row on Aug. 22.
• Assisted a local parent in finding her daughter, who had been missing from home on Aug. 23. Police said they found the girl, who was in good health and agreed to call her mother.
• Responded to a report of a party on a rooftop on Park Street on Aug. 23. Police reported hearing some loud music in the area, but saw no one on any of the roofs.
• Contacted the town’s water department to tend to a water main break off Weybridge Street on Aug. 23.
• Assisted Vermont State Police at the scene of a domestic dispute at a home off Route 116 in Bristol on Aug. 23.
• Launched an investigation on Aug. 23 into the possible theft of some drugs at Porter Hospital on Aug. 23.