Middlebury Police Log: Police assist wounded woman
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to a report that a woman with a self-inflicted wound had locked herself in a room in a North Pleasant Street residence on May 29. Police said Middlebury Regional EMS took the woman to Porter Hospital for treatment/evaluation.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated an unspecified theft from the Middlebury College campus on May 26.
• Were informed on May 26 that a bike had been stolen from the Middlebury College campus.
• Received a report that a wallet had been stolen from a vehicle parked in the Shaw’s Supermarket lot off Washington Street on May 26.
• Recovered a potentially stolen bike from the Middle Road North area on May 26.
• Responded to the report of a drunken man walking in and out of traffic on Route 7 South on May 26.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with possible drug overdose victim on May 26.
• Were informed that an Apple Mac Book had been stolen from Middlebury College campus on May 26.
• Investigated allegations on May 26 that an intruder had recently entered a Buttolph Drive apartment. The tenant reported nothing missing.
• Investigated a report of an unidentified woman allegedly stealing beer from the Champlain Farms store on Court Street on May 27.
• Received a report about a “suspicious” man walking along North Pleasant Street, yelling and swearing, on May 27. Police were unable to locate the suspect.
• Were informed on May 27 of the theft of three bicycles from Middlebury College campus, one from Porter Field Road, another from Old Chapel Road, and another from Chateau Road.
• Received a report that an Apple iPhone had been stolen from a vehicle parked off Route 7 South on May 27.
• Responded to a report of a loud party at a Butternut Ridge Drive residence on May 28. Police said the homeowner told them he was simply grilling some food.
• Warned a man for skateboarding on the Main Street sidewalk on May 28.
• Resolved a bullying allegation reported by a Middlebury Union High School student’s family on May 28.
• Conducted a welfare check on a woman at the South Village Green apartments on May 27. Police said the woman was OK.
• Responded to a verbal domestic dispute at a Woodbridge Lane residence on May 29.
• Assisted a Cedar Court resident on May 29 who believed someone had entered her apartment.
• Received a report that a man was sitting outside pleasuring himself outside of a South Pleasant Street residence on May 29. Police said they were unable to find the suspect.
• Served a temporary restraining order on May 30 on a man who was not wanted at a Woodbridge Lane residence.
• Received a report about some juveniles skateboarding, and possibly drinking beer, in the Court Street area on May 30. Police said they found no skateboarders in the area.
• Investigated two separate accidents, with minor injuries, on Case Street and at the intersection of Court and Cross Streets on May 30.
• Helped resolve a conflict between some residents of the Weybridge Street Apartments on May 30.
• Cited Jenna L. Loree, 27, of Middlebury for domestic assault, after she was allegedly involved in a domestic dispute at a Woodbridge Lane residence on May 31.
• Investigated a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Court Street Extension on May 31.
• Responded to a report of a man threatening other people on Route 7 North on May 31. Police said Counseling Service of Addison County officials helped resolve the situation.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Pulp Mill Bridge Road area on May 31. Police said they found a man and a woman talking in the area, with no one else around.
• Located a drunken man walking down Weybridge Street on May 31. Police returned the man to his home.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)