Town Meeting Preview 2015: Granville
GRANVILLE — Residents in Granville will consider 28 articles on Town Meeting Day including the town’s municipal and school budgets. Voters will also elect officials to eight town offices and two school positions including a treasurer and school board director with no contested elections.
The annual meeting for the school will begin at 5 p.m. in the town hall and will be followed by the town meeting at 6:30 p.m. with voting done from the floor.
Residents will vote on proposed school budget of $580,935, which represents a decrease of $46,426 from the spending plan approved last year.
Townspeople will weigh in on a proposed $290,859 municipal budget, roughly $2,000 less than the budget approved last year.
Other items to be considered include:
• A $9,000 increase in the in the town’s Capital Account for Town Highway Structures to match a State Town Highway Structures Grant.
• $5,000 for painting the municipal complex.
• $1,000 to the Rochester Public Library to provide library services to town residents.
• $20,000 to repay the local match of FEMA expenses.
• $1,500 for the creation of a capital account for covering fire protection expenses in East Granville.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.