Vermont State Police Log: Troopers respond to crashes on slippery roads
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police responded to five vehicle accidents between Feb. 2 and Feb. 8, four of which involved wintry road conditions, two of which caused at least minor injuries, and two of which resulted in citations being issued.
VSP are reminding drivers to be careful on snowy and icy roads.
During that week, VSP:
• On Feb. 2 just after 10 p.m. responded to a crash involving a car and a tractor-trailer truck on Route 74 in Shoreham near Doolittle Road. VSP determined that the driver of an eastbound Chrysler PT Cruiser lost control and struck a westbound truck. VSP said the truck driver tried to avoid the crash but was still struck by the car, which was totaled in the accident. The truck was able to drive away.
The driver and passenger of the car, Benson residents, complained of shoulder and hip pain and were treated at Porter Hospital; the truck driver was unhurt, VSP said.
• On Feb. 4 dealt with a pick-up truck that slid off Knox Hill Road in Orwell and struck a tree just after 10 p.m.. VSP said the truck was totaled, but that the driver and both passengers, Orwell residents, were all wearing seatbelts and were unhurt.
• On Feb. 6 responded to a two-vehicle collision on Doolittle Road in Shoreham. Police said a Ford Explorer heading westbound traveling too fast for the existing road conditions struck an eastbound GMC truck head on, causing major front end damage to both vehicles.
VSP cited the driver of the Explorer, Elizabeth Sabourin, 24, of Shoreham for failure to drive to the right and said she also suffered a possible ankle injury that was treated at Porter Hospital. Police also cited the driver of the GMC, Jason Cram, 36, of Shoreham, for driving with a suspended license. He was unhurt.
• On Feb. 7 VSP responded to a snowy Bristol Road in Monkton, where a station wagon slid off the road and hit a power pole. Police said road conditions were a factor in the accident.
• On Feb. 7 VSP cited Amanda Wetter, 20, of Starksboro for careless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle after an accident on Route 116 in Bristol.
• On Feb. 8 cited Roland Griffin, 45, of Shoreham for driving with a criminally suspended license after seeing him driving on Route 22A in Shoreham.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75