Nov. 4 ballot offers statewide contests
VERMONT — Residents of Addison County towns will see a number of contested elections for Statehouse representatives (see story HERE). Voters on Nov. 4 will also cast ballots in the following statewide races:
• Governor. Incumbent Democrat Peter Shumlin of East Montpelier is being opposed by Pomfret Republican Scott Milne; Liberty Union candidate Peter Diamondstone of Brattleboro; independent Cris Ericson of Chester; Essex Libertarian Dan Feliciano; Irasburg independent Bernard Peters; and Putney independent Emily Peyton.
• Lieutenant governor. Incumbent Republican Phil Scott faces opposition from Progressive/Democrat Dean Corren of Burlington and Liberty Union candidate Marina Brown of Charleston.
• State Treasurer. Incumbent Democrat Beth Pearce is being opposed by Burlington Progressive Don Schramm and Liberty Union candidate Murray Ngoima.
• U.S. House. Incumbent U.S. Rep. Peter Welch, D-Hartland, is facing opposition from Hartford Republican Mark Donka; Liberty Union candidate Matthew Andrews of Plainfield; Chester independent Cris Ericson; Marshfield independent Randall Meyer; and Charleston’s Jerry Trudell, running under the “energy independence” banner.
• Secretary of State. Incumbent Democrat Jim Condos of Montpelier is drawing opposition from Montpelier Progressive Ben Eastwood and Mary Alice Herbert, a Liberty Union candidate from Putney.
• Attorney General. Incumbent Democrat Bill Sorrell of Burlington is opposed by Underhill Republican Shane McCormack and the Liberty Union Party’s Rosemarie Jackowski of Bennington.
Find out where to vote in your town HERE.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.