Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for simple assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Kaden Odell, 21, of Brandon for simple assault, after he had allegedly been involved in a fight in The Centre parking lot off Route 7 South on Aug. 27.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Vermont State Police in an arrest on Lower Foote Street on Aug. 25.
• Warned an Elm Street business for violating the town’s noise ordinance on Aug. 26.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Cross Street area on Aug. 26.
• Spoke to some juveniles who had allegedly been hanging around the side entrance of the Ilsley Library on Aug. 26, swearing and throwing around trash.
• Investigated a report of someone in a silver vehicle in Buttolph Acres who had allegedly been putting hooks in people’s mailboxes on Aug. 26.
• Cited Charlene Yankton, 48, of Middlebury for simple assault, after an alleged incident in the Jayne Court area on Aug. 26.
• Cited Tammy L. Dorr, 43, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, following a stop on Buttolph Drive on Aug. 27.
• Cited Lee Rouille, 34, of Burlington for a criminal count of driving with a suspended license, following an investigation in the Sugarwood Court neighborhood on Aug. 27.
• Investigated a reported verbal fight between two women on the train tracks behind Seymour Street on Aug. 27.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS in helping a man who had overdosed on medication on Route 7 South Aug. 27.
• Assisted rescue officials with a woman having a mental health crisis on Route 7 North on Aug. 27.
• Referred, to the Counseling Service of Addison County Crisis Team, a Middlebury Union High School student who had left school without permission on Aug. 27 and became out of control after returning.
• Served a restraining order on a local man in the Case Street area on Aug. 27.
• Served a no-trespass order on a man on behalf of MUHS on Aug. 27.
• Responded to a report of someone leaving the scene of an accident on Charles Avenue on Aug. 28.
• Served a restraining order on a local man in the Munger Street area on Aug. 28.
• Located two students who had left the MUHS campus without permission on Aug. 28.
• Investigated a fraudulent bank deposit allegedly made at the National Bank of Middlebury on Aug. 28.
• Served a subpoena on a local individual on behalf of the Essex, N.Y., state’s attorney’s office on Aug. 28.
• Asked officials at the Drop-In Brewery on Route 7 South to tone down the volume of a party they were throwing on Aug. 29.
• Received a silver Peugeot road bike from someone who had found it on Seymour Street on Aug. 29.
• Searched for a toddler who had been reported missing from a Route 7 South residence on Aug. 29. Police said the two-and-a-half-year-old girl was found hiding in a cupboard inside the house.
• Responded to a domestic dispute between a couple near Woodware off Route 7 South on Aug. 30. Police said the dispute had only been verbal.
• Contacted the owner of a dog that had been barking constantly in the Woodland Park area on Aug. 30.
• Spoke on Aug. 30 with a local juvenile about recent bad behavior. Police spoke to the juvenile at the request of his parents.
• Cited Matthew Billings, 31, of Weybridge on a criminal charge of driving with a suspended license on Seymour Street on Aug. 31.
• Ordered a man to stop trespassing on a Seymour Street resident’s property on Aug. 31.
• Investigated a reckless driving complaint in the Otterside Court neighborhood on Aug. 31.
• Were informed of the theft of a handicapped driver placard from a vehicle parked on Rogers Road on Aug. 31.
• Received a report about a juvenile trying to start a fire at Wright Park on Aug. 31.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)