Middlebury Police Log: Wandering boy reunited with Mom
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police located the mother of a young boy found wandering in the roadway near the Pulp Mill Bridge on July 21. Police located the child’s mother and have referred the matter to state officials.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed that someone had taken a checkbook from a Buttolph Drive residence on July 21.
• Investigated the report of a dog left in a hot car on South Village Green on July 21. The truck left while officers were still en route.
• Arrested Kara Zimmerman, 35, of Middlebury on an outstanding probation warrant out of Florida on July 22. Police said they turned Zimmerman over to the Vermont Department of Corrections.
• Investigated a report that someone had driven away from Middlebury Short Stop without paying for gas on July 23.
• Located a patient who had run away from a Counseling Service of Addison County facility off North Pleasant Street on July 23.
• Took, to Porter Hospital, a local resident who had threatened to take their own life on July 23.
• Received a report that someone had stolen some earphones from the Middlebury College library on Storrs Avenue on July 17.
• Launched an investigation into a report of possible lewd and lascivious activity in the Washington Street Extension area on July 23.
• Were informed of the theft of some fuel oil from a Court Street residence on July 23.
• Located two 5-year-old boys on Merchants Row on July 23 who told police they had run away from home. Police contacted the children’s parents to pick them up.
• Assisted Porter Hospital with a patient that was being seen by the Counseling Service of Addison County on July 24.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Seminary Street residence on July 24. Upon arrival, police took into custody a “highly intoxicated” woman. Authorities eventually released the woman to a sober person.
• Followed up on a complaint of a barking dog in the Buttolph Drive neighborhood on July 24.
• Were informed that someone had vandalized the door of a vehicle parked off South Pleasant Street on July 24.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Valley View neighborhood on July 24.
• Took into protective custody a Court Street man who had injured himself and required medical attention at Porter Hospital on July 25.
• Issued Court Diversion paperwork to a minor who had tried to buy alcohol at Hannaford Supermarket using a fake ID on July 25.
• Investigated the reported theft of some tools from a closed business on Washington Street on July 25. Police said they have no suspects at this time.
• Received into evidence three syringes that people had found in the Middlebury area on July 25.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Mead Lane neighborhood on July 25.
• Cited Jenna Rao, 19, of Ferrisburgh for driving with a suspended license on Route 7 South on July 26.
• Took into protective custody an intoxicated woman from Porter Hospital on July 26. Police said they took the woman to Rutland for detox.
• Turned over, to Middlebury College Public Safety, an intoxicated student on July 26.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with a man in a mental health crisis situation who was being aggressive at Porter Hospital on July 26.
• Checked on the welfare of a child in the Seymour Street area on July 27.
• Were informed that someone had vandalized a door on a North Pleasant Street residence on July 27.
• Checked on the welfare of a woman at a North Pleasant Street home on July 27.
• Were informed that someone had stolen a cell phone from an unlocked vehicle parked off Court Street on July 27.
• Responded to a verbal dispute between members of a Leno Lane family on July 27.
• Cited Timothy Casey, 28, of Newburyport, Mass., for driving under the influence on North Pleasant Street on July 27.
• Assisted Middlebury College Public Safety in dealing with a man who had been sleeping in a car parked off Freeman Way on July 28.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75