Middlebury Police Log: Woman cited for disorderly conduct
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Stacey Williams, 34, of Middlebury for disorderly conduct, threatening to do bodily harm to another, and impeding traffic, following an alleged incident on Seymour Street on June 10. The complainant alleged that she threatened the victim in front of 10 children.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of the theft of a flat screen television from a North Pleasant Street residence on June 9.
• Investigated a report of a man allegedly trying to solicit sex from a girl through Facebook on June 9.
• Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS staff, to a Route 7 South residence to help a man who had overdosed on prescription pills on June 9. Rescue officials took the man to Porter Hospital for evaluation.
• Assisted a woman whose car was hit while parked at The Centre shopping lot on June 9.
• Assisted the Counseling Service of Addison County with a 17-year-old patient who had allegedly been disruptive as she was preparing to be taken to Porter Hospital for evaluation on June 10.
• Were informed that someone had stolen a laptop computer from the Champlain Valley Academy on June 11.
• On June 11 assisted a local resident who said someone has used their identity to open up an account on a home shopping network.
• Spoke to a North Pleasant Street resident who alleged that someone had stolen some medication from his home on June 12.
• Observed some broken windows on a Creek Road building on June 11. Police informed the owner and said nothing else was amiss at the site.
• Were informed that a calf had strayed into Route 7 North on June 11. Police said the calf had been returned to the fenced-in area upon their arrival.
• Found a man sleeping beneath the Cross Street Bridge on June 11.
• Received a report about a person overdosing on drugs at a Washington Street Extension location on June 12. Police said a passer-by administered the drug Narcan to the patient, who had left the area after reviving. Police said they located the patient, who was taken to Porter Hospital for evaluation.
• Received a hit-and-run accident involving two vehicles on College Street on June 12.
• Responded to a report of a burglary at a North Pleasant Street residence on June 12. Police said someone stole some electronic games from the home.
• Investigated a report of gunshots in the Piper Lane area on June 12. Police said they were unable to locate the source of the shots.
• Investigated an alleged burglary at a North Pleasant Street home on June 12.
• Received a report that someone had broken into a Halladay Road home to steal a silver pitcher on June 12.
• Responded to a noise complaint on East Road on June 12.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with an agitated male patient on June 13.
• Assisted Bristol police with a woman whom they were arresting on an outstanding warrant on June 13.
• Assisted a Valley View Road resident in ridding herself of an unwanted male visitor on June 14.
• Responded to a report of “shots fired” on Seymour Street on June 14. Police said it turned out to be some children throwing some “poppers.”
• Cited Jessica Bilodeau, 25, of Brandon for driving under the influence, on Painter Hills Road on June 14.
• Investigated a report of gunshots in the Seminary Street Extension area on June 15. Police said they located some people setting off fireworks.
• Received a cell phone from a woman who had found it on Main Street on June 15. Police said they were able to find the phone’s owner.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.