Middlebury Police Log: Local man cited for heroin possession
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Joseph Ciaramitaro, 20, of Middlebury for possession of heroin following an investigation in the North Pleasant Street area on Sept. 26. Police said Ciaramitaro was also wanted on a warrant.
Police lodged Ciaramitaro at the Marble Valley Correctional Center.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed that someone had stolen a bike from near the Ilsley Public Library on Main Street on Sept. 23.
• Spoke with some juveniles who were allegedly seen throwing some rocks off the railroad overpass on Seymour Street on Sept. 23.
• Received a report of someone fraudulently using an East Middlebury resident’s credit card on Sept. 23.
• Received a report that someone was illegally dumping their trash in the Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op trash can on Washington Street on Sept. 24.
• Assisted a Buttolph Drive resident who claimed to have been threatened by a neighbor on Sept. 24.
• Responded to a report of a barking dog inside a Buttolph Drive apartment on Sept. 24.
• Investigated a one-car accident off Route 125 East on Sept. 25. Police said the driver became distracted while retrieving a chocolate bar that had slipped onto her lap. She veered off the side of the road and onto a small ledge, according to police. The woman sustained a minor hand laceration and refused ambulance service, police said.
• Were informed of the theft of a “No Parking” sign from the Methodist Lane area on Sept. 25.
• Responded to a two-vehicle accident on Court Street on Sept. 25. Police said one of those involved was taken to Porter Hospital for treatment of injuries.
• Ticketed a youth for being a minor in possession of tobacco on Middlebury Union Middle School grounds on Sept. 25.
• Interviewed a man who said he had been assaulted at a Seminary Street residence on Sept. 25.
• Investigated a report of a loud beer pong party on the porch of a Weybridge Street residence at 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 26.
• Responded to a report of an out-of-control man damaging a car in the Counseling Service of Addison County (CSAC) parking lot off Main Street on Sept. 26.
• Were informed that someone had stolen a Middlebury Union High School student’s cell phone and then allegedly used it to send out an obscene message on Sept. 26.
• Received a report that a vehicle had been struck by another vehicle while the owner of the first one was working inside the former Jackson’s on the River building off Bakery Lane on Sept. 26.
• Ticketed two youths for being minors in possession of tobacco on MUHS grounds on Sept. 27.
• Responded to a three-vehicle accident, with injuries, on Route 7 South on Sept. 27. Police said one person involved in the accident was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
• Assisted the CSAC with an out-of-control patient on Sept. 27.
• Took a drunken woman into protective custody at Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street on Sept. 27.
• Responded to a report of a drunken man who had fallen down on North Pleasant Street on Sept. 28 and was given some first aid at the Middlebury United Methodist Church.
• Received a report that someone had stolen items from a purse that was inside a parked vehicle at the Blue Spruce Motel off Route 7 South on Sept. 28.
• Investigated a report of a woman assaulting another woman at a Main Street apartment on Sept. 28.
• Investigated a report of a suspected prowler at a Buttolph Drive residence on Sept. 29. Police found no strangers on the property.
• Responded to a report of an attempted suicide at an Otterside Court residence on Sept. 29. Police said a woman who had ingested pills and alcohol was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Assisted a Court Street family who on Sept. 29 was concerned that a man was possibly stalking their daughter.
• Got mental health aid for a Washington Street Extension resident who falsely reported that she was being held against her will on Sept. 29.
• Received a report of vandalism to a Munger Street resident’s lawn mower on Sept. 29.
• Checked an Elm Street property following a report of a suspicious-looking man spying on children playing in the yard on Sept. 29.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on North Pleasant Street on Sept. 29.
• Conducted a death investigation at a Little Pond Road home on Sept. 29. Police said Coleen Beck, 63, was found deceased inside the residence. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Seized marijuana and drug paraphernalia from a vehicle stopped on College Street on Sept. 29 for a traffic violation. Police ticketed the driver for being in possession of marijuana.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75