Middlebury Police log: Authorities investigate thefts
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police were informed of the theft of “numerous items and cash” from the Indulge Full Service Salon off Washington Street on Aug. 24. Police are investigating the incident.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted a Sugarwood Apartments resident with a noisy neighbor complaint on Aug. 19.
• Investigated a report of two youths missing from the Ossie Road area on Aug. 19. Police said the youths were soon located.
• Responded to a report of a man sleeping in a vehicle near the entrance of Shaw’s Supermarket off Washington Street on Aug. 19.
• Investigated the reported theft of some diamond earrings from a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel off Route 7 South on Aug. 19.
• Responded to a reported fight between two brothers at a Seymour Street residence on Aug. 20.
• Received a report that some tires had been stolen from outside of a building off Golf Course Road on Aug. 20.
• Warned a pet owner who had left his dog in a vehicle with the windows rolled up while parked on Merchants Row on Aug. 21.
• Responded to a report of a drunken man walking eastbound on Route 125 on Aug. 22. Police turned the man over to a sober friend.
• Assisted a man who said he was receiving unwanted contact on Aug. 22 from another man about unreturned property. Police referred the men to small claims court.
• Got counseling help on Aug. 22 for a Cross Street resident who erroneously claimed a fugitive was hiding in his residence.
• Checked on the welfare of some children in a vehicle parked off Route 7 South on Aug. 23.
• Received a report of a break-in at a unit at Paquette Self Storage off Route 7 North on Aug. 23. Police said the case remains under investigation.
• Checked on the welfare of a woman at the request of Homeland Security, which indicated the woman had allegedly been threatened by her husband at the Social Security office in Burlington on Aug. 23. Police said the woman was safe.
• Were informed of the theft of a coin collection from a Court Street residence on Aug. 23. The matter remains under investigation.
• Investigated a larceny complaint in the Eastview Terrace neighborhood on Aug. 23.
• Investigated a report of a person driving erratically and at around 90 mph on Route 7 South on Aug. 23. Police could not find the driver but warned Brandon police to be on the lookout.
• Responded to a reported family dispute at a Seminary Street residence on Aug. 24.
• Warned a man to stop hanging around a Court Street residence on Aug. 24. Police said the man was allegedly interested in a female resident of the home who wanted nothing to do with the man.
• Investigated a hit-and-run incident involving a vehicle in the Counseling Service of Addison County parking lot off Main Street on Aug. 24.
• Helped Hinesburg police locate and recover a stolen iPad in the Washington Street area on Aug. 25.
• Investigated a report of damage to a chained portion of the boat launch off Three Mile Bridge Road on Aug. 25.
• Responded to a report of suspicious activity at a Jackson Lane residence on Aug. 25.
• Assisted a local resident in getting into her locked car on Aug. 25.
• Cited Kevin Berry, 23, of New Haven for driving under the influence, following a stop for a traffic violation on North Pleasant Street on Aug. 25.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)