Middlebury Police Log: Fight draws assault citation
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Eli Madden, 40, of Middlebury for simple assault, following their investigation of a reported fight between two men at the intersection of Main Street and Merchants Row on July 6. One of those involved was taken to Porter Hospital for treatment of a head injury, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Took a drunken, local man into protective custody on July 1.
• Alerted Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association officials to a spot off Monroe Street where a man had fallen and injured his ankle on July 1.
• Responded to a report of a man brandishing a gun in front of a woman at a Main Street residence on July 1. Police said the incident was a prank involving the use of a plastic Airsoft gun.
• Took a very drunk Washington Street man to the Marble Valley Correctional Center as an incapacitated person on July 2.
• Received a report that a woman had kicked another woman in the Main Street area on July 2. Police continue to investigate the report.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Monarch Court home on July 3.
• Cited George Carty, 22, of Starksboro for driving under the influence, following a stop for a sign violation on Washington Street Extension on July 3. Police said they measured Carty’s blood-alcohol content at 0.178 percent.
• Were informed that someone had allegedly stolen a prescription drug painkiller from a North Pleasant Street home on July 3.
• Received a report about a woman allegedly dancing in the middle of Seymour Street on July 3. Police were unable to find such a person.
• Took an out-of-control woman to Porter Hospital to receive help from Counseling Service of Addison County officials on July 4.
• Assisted Middlebury firefighters in freeing an injured juvenile who had become locked in the Middlebury Recreation Park’s warming hut off Buttolph Drive on July 4.
• Responded to a report of fireworks being set off in the Brookside Drive area on July 4.
• Investigated a report of gunshots in the Seymour Street area on July 4.
• Cited Lisa Desjadon, 46, of Bridport for driving with a suspended license on North Pleasant Street on July 5.
• Responded to a report of a family dispute at a Seymour Street apartment on July 6.
• Cited Elizabeth Green, 34, of Waterbury for retail theft, after a shoplifting complaint at Hannaford Supermarket on July 6.
• Warned a man sleeping in a vehicle off Creek Road on July 7 about possible rising waters in the area.
• Investigated an alleged domestic disturbance in the South Pleasant Street neighborhood on July 7. Police could not detect evidence of a fight at the address given.
• Helped a drunken woman on Main Street get a ride from a sober friend on July 7.
• Assisted Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street in getting a no-trespass order on a patron on July 7.
• Responded, with Middlebury firefighters, to a fire alarm at a John Graham Court residence on July 7. Police said a juvenile had allegedly discharged a fire extinguisher inside the vacant apartment. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Investigated a report that some belongings had been stolen from a John Graham Court apartment on July 7.
• Responded to a report that someone had left a caged rat next to a dumpster at a Court Street apartment on July 8. Police said they found and contacted the rat’s owner.
RIPTON — The memorial service in celebration of the life of Rev. Wayne Alfred Holsman, 87, … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.