Middlebury Police Log: Fight draws assault citation
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Eli Madden, 40, of Middlebury for simple assault, following their investigation of a reported fight between two men at the intersection of Main Street and Merchants Row on July 6. One of those involved was taken to Porter Hospital for treatment of a head injury, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Took a drunken, local man into protective custody on July 1.
• Alerted Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association officials to a spot off Monroe Street where a man had fallen and injured his ankle on July 1.
• Responded to a report of a man brandishing a gun in front of a woman at a Main Street residence on July 1. Police said the incident was a prank involving the use of a plastic Airsoft gun.
• Took a very drunk Washington Street man to the Marble Valley Correctional Center as an incapacitated person on July 2.
• Received a report that a woman had kicked another woman in the Main Street area on July 2. Police continue to investigate the report.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Monarch Court home on July 3.
• Cited George Carty, 22, of Starksboro for driving under the influence, following a stop for a sign violation on Washington Street Extension on July 3. Police said they measured Carty’s blood-alcohol content at 0.178 percent.
• Were informed that someone had allegedly stolen a prescription drug painkiller from a North Pleasant Street home on July 3.
• Received a report about a woman allegedly dancing in the middle of Seymour Street on July 3. Police were unable to find such a person.
• Took an out-of-control woman to Porter Hospital to receive help from Counseling Service of Addison County officials on July 4.
• Assisted Middlebury firefighters in freeing an injured juvenile who had become locked in the Middlebury Recreation Park’s warming hut off Buttolph Drive on July 4.
• Responded to a report of fireworks being set off in the Brookside Drive area on July 4.
• Investigated a report of gunshots in the Seymour Street area on July 4.
• Cited Lisa Desjadon, 46, of Bridport for driving with a suspended license on North Pleasant Street on July 5.
• Responded to a report of a family dispute at a Seymour Street apartment on July 6.
• Cited Elizabeth Green, 34, of Waterbury for retail theft, after a shoplifting complaint at Hannaford Supermarket on July 6.
• Warned a man sleeping in a vehicle off Creek Road on July 7 about possible rising waters in the area.
• Investigated an alleged domestic disturbance in the South Pleasant Street neighborhood on July 7. Police could not detect evidence of a fight at the address given.
• Helped a drunken woman on Main Street get a ride from a sober friend on July 7.
• Assisted Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street in getting a no-trespass order on a patron on July 7.
• Responded, with Middlebury firefighters, to a fire alarm at a John Graham Court residence on July 7. Police said a juvenile had allegedly discharged a fire extinguisher inside the vacant apartment. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Investigated a report that some belongings had been stolen from a John Graham Court apartment on July 7.
• Responded to a report that someone had left a caged rat next to a dumpster at a Court Street apartment on July 8. Police said they found and contacted the rat’s owner.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.