Uncategorized

Firefighters save one Granville barn as another burns

GRANVILLE — Firefighters from five towns knocked down a hot fire at an old tool shed in Granville last Sunday afternoon, thus saving the big old barn that sits only a few feet away.
The 30-by-40-foot shed was fully involved in flames when members of the Granville Volunteer Fire Department arrived on the scene at 3 p.m., and the firefighters immediately started pouring water on the blaze and on the historic barn that sat only 12 feet away.
Granville Fire Chief Kevin Bagley said around 30 firefighters from five departments (Hancock, Rochester, Warren and Waitsfield, in addition to Granville) battled the blaze at the farm formerly owned by his cousin Eugene Bagley and currently run by Gordy, Charlene and Crystal Waite.
Chief Bagley surmised the cause of the fire was a faulty battery charger hooked up to a lawn mower.
His team finally got the fire extinguished and left for home around 8 p.m.
The Granville department gets about two dozen calls a year, Bagley said. This was one of the more serious fires they have fought lately.

Share this story:

More News
Sports Uncategorized

MAV girls’ lax nets two triumphs

The Mount Abraham-Vergennes cooperative girls’ lacrosse team moved over .500 with a pair o … (read more)

Op/Ed Uncategorized

Hector Vila: The boundaries of education

There is a wide boundary between the teacher and the student, found most profoundly in col … (read more)

Naylor & Breen Uncategorized

Naylor & Breen Request for Proposals

Naylor and Breen 042524 2×4.5 OCCC RFP

Share this story: