Young MUHS boys’ tennis team drops four matches
ADDISON COUNTY — Despite a few individual bright spots sprinkled in, the young Middlebury Union High School boys’ tennis team dropped four matches in a busy stretch late last week, one on the road and three at home.
The rebuilding Tigers, who have just one senior and one junior on the roster after a successful 2012, dropped to 1-6. They have one more match scheduled for their regular season: BFA-St. Albans is set to visit this Monday at 3:30 p.m. The Tigers defeated the Bobwhites back on April 15, 6-1.
On Thursday, the host Spaulding boys’ tennis team downed MUHS, 5-2.
• Lucas Heath Howe (S) defeated Bo Tran, 6-4, 6-1.
• Yale Young (S) defeated Bob Avery, 6-1, 6-1.
• Morgan Ingenthron (M) defeated Silas Merriam, 6-4, 6-0.
• Austin Burke (S) defeated Nathan Cobb, 6-1, 6-1.
• J.T. Blanchard (S) defeated Eric Podraza, 6-3, 6-4.
• Aaron Brier and Ben Evans (S) defeated John Fitzcharles and Jerry Staret, 6-3, 7-5.
• Nick Holm and Max Mayone (M) defeated Sean Hood and Alex Keene, 6-4, 6-2.
On Friday, visiting Harwood downed the Tigers, 6-1. The doubles matches were split; details were unavailable.
• Sam Greshin (H) defeated Tran, 6-1, 6-1.
• Pierre Crempere (H) defeated Avery, 6-1, 6-3
• Win Parker (H) defeated Morgan Ingenthron, 6-1, 6-2.
• Brin Schoellkopf (H) defeated John McCluskey, 6-2, 6-2.
• Chase Johnson (H) defeated Marcelo Davis, 6-2, 7-5.
NORTH COUNTRY SWEEPS
On Saturday, visiting North County took a pair of 5-2 wins over the Tigers. Individual matches were one sets played to eight games.
• Travers Parsons-Grayson (NC) defeated Tran, 8-3.
• Thomas Durivage (NC) defeated Avery, 8-2.
• Zach Tweed (NC) defeated Ingenthron, 8-2.
• Fred Petzoldt (NC) defeated Cobb, M 8-2.
• Nathan Marsh (NC) defeated Podraza, M 8-1.
• Fitzcharles/Mac Groves (M) defeated Andrew Medley/Carlos Ortega, 8-6.
• Drew Barnicle/Staret, M defeated John Carpenter/Nathan Grimm, 8-4.
• Parsons-Grayson (NC) defeated Tran, 8-2.
• Durivage (NC) defeated Avery, 8-3.
• Tweed (NC) defeated Davis, 8-4.
• Petzoldt (NC) defeated Cobb, M 8-0.
• Marsh (NC) defeated Podraza, M 8-0.
• Max Mayone/ Fitzcharles (M) defeated Medley/Ortega, 8-6.
• Willie Danforth/Ben Silver (M) defeated Grimm/Carpenter, 8-4.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.