Tiger squad wins a dozen events at Milton track and field meet
MILTON — Middlebury Union High School track and field athletes won a dozen events on May 7 as both the Tiger boys and girls earned overall victories at a three-team meet hosted by Milton.
The Tiger boys scored 84 points to defeat Milton (40) and Hazen (31), while the Tiger girls picked up 68 points to top Milton (57) and Hazen (10).
Max Moulton led the boys’ team by winning at both 800 meters (2:08.36) and 1,500 meters (4:32.78). Moulton also met the state championship meet qualifying standard by running the 3,000 in 10:47.96.
Also winning for the Tiger boys were:
• James Hare at 400 meters (55.05).
• Matt Becker in the 3,000 (10:47.70), an effort that also qualified him for the state meet.
• Akeem Pottinger in the high jump (5 feet, 8 inches).
• James Pecsok in the javelin (154-5).
• The four-by-100-meter relay team of Haven Tate, Wyatt Norris, Nathan Peck and Pecsok (49.40).
Julia Vorsteveld led the Tiger girls with a pair of victories, at 400 meters in 68.48, and in the triple jump at 26-4.
Also winning for the Tiger girls were:
• Nicole Morris at 800 meters (2:52.78).
• Hannah Buttolph in the high jump (4-8″).
• Ali Sheldrick in the shot put (28-1.5, an effort that also qualified her for the state meet).
Three other athletes also qualified for the state meet at Milton: Kayla Evans in the girls’ 100 hurdles (20.28), Sam Ferguson in the boys’ 800 (2:12.47), and Naina Horning in the boys’ triple jump (35-6).
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75