Middlebury Police Log: Police investigate alleged sex offense
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to an alleged sex offense at Middlebury Union High School on April 11. Police said some images of a juvenile had been posted on-line. Police said the matter remains under investigation.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Issued court diversion paperwork for underage drinking to a Middlebury College student on April 8. Police said they also confiscated a fake identification card from the youth.
• Took to Porter Hospital a local woman who was struggling with some mental health issues on April 8.
• Investigated a report of graffiti being written on property at Middlebury Union High School on April 9.
• Investigated a report of a juvenile setting off a fire extinguisher in the Main Street area on April 9.
• Responded to a domestic dispute at a Newton Drive residence on April 9.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to an underage youth for consuming alcohol in the Seymour Street area on April 10.
• Received a report of a fight between two students at Mary Hogan Elementary School on April 10. Police said the matter was handled within the school.
• Were informed that a red Honda had hit a parked truck in the MUHS lot, then left, on April 10.
• Received a report of some items stolen from the MUHS girls’ locker room on April 10.
• Were informed of a gas drive-off at a North Pleasant Street business on April 10.
• Were informed of the theft of some batteries from a power broom at a Pond Lane business on April 10.
• Notified the Vermont Department of Children and Families about a Gorham Lane juvenile who had been out of control on April 10.
• Assisted a Cross Street resident who was having mental health issues on April 11.
• Took, to the Counseling Service of Addison County headquarters, an out-of-control student on April 11.
• Served a temporary restraining order on an Ossie Road resident on April 11.
• Referred, to counseling professionals, a Cross Street resident who was having some mental health issues on April 11.
• Responded to a report of gunfire in the Valley View area on April 11. Police said the noise was traced to some bottle rockets.
• Assisted a drunken man in returning safely to his Court Street home on April 11.
• Responded to a report of a car sideswiping a car parked on College Street, then leaving, on April 12.
• Served a no-trespass order on April 12 on a person not wanted at a Wilson Road residence.
• Were informed that someone had vandalized a mailbox on School House Hill Road on April 12.
• Assisted a Cross Street resident who was having some mental health issues on April 13.
• Told a North Pleasant Street resident to extinguish an illegal fire on April 13.
• Responded to a one-car crash, in which the driver sustained a minor injury, on Abbey Pond Road on April 13.
• Were informed that someone had stolen a bike from a North Pleasant Street residence on April 13.
• Asked a Court Street resident with mental health issues to stop harassing (by phone) a Counseling Service of Addison County employee on April 13.
• Prevented an intoxicated man from driving his car on Main Street on April 13.
• Investigated a report of some juveniles hanging out in front of a closed Court Street business on April 14.
• Warned some Shannon Street residents to clean up trash after having held a party at a local residence on April 14.
• Warned a drunken man who was seen urinating on the St. Mary’s Church lawn on April 14.
• Served court diversion paperwork on two juveniles who had been drinking alcohol in the Hillcrest Road area April 14.
• Issued a warning to a man who had violated the town’s open container ordinance on Adirondack View on April 14.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75