Vergennes Police Log: City police busy with drug incidents
VERGENNES — Between March 25 and 31, Vergennes police dealt with several drug incidents, the alleged theft of a large sum of cash from a Northlands Job Corps locker, and a domestic assault case at the John Graham Emergency Shelter.
In that seven-day time frame, city police:
• After a March 25 North Main Street traffic stop cited Jessica Rochon, 24, of Addison for driving with a civilly suspended license, ticketed her for possessing drug paraphernalia, and confiscated jewelry in her car to investigate whether it was stolen property.
• On March 26 ordered a vehicle parked on and leaking oil onto North Street to be towed.
• On March 26 picked up a loose dog on Monkton Road and took it to the Vergennes Animal Hospital.
• On March 26 dealt with a minor two-car accident on School Street.
• On March 26 took a depressed man to the Counseling Service of Addison County in Middlebury.
• After a March 26 traffic stop cited Mason Burroughs of Crown Point, N.Y., for possession of allegedly 4 grams of marijuana.
• On March 26 began investigating the theft of about $1,800 from a Northlands student’s locker.
• On March 26 cited Charlotte Pendleton, 45, of Middlebury for driving with a civilly suspended license after responding to a report of a suspicious car on First Street.
• On March 27 arrested Graham Shelter resident David Welch, 27, for domestic assault in front of a child and lodged him at the Chittenden County Correctional Center; police allege Welch punched his girlfriend with her 2-year-old child present.
• On March 27 received a request from Vergennes Union High School officials to issue a no-trespass order to a Middlebury resident; as of Monday police were still searching for the individual.
• On March 27 dealt with a minor two-car accident on Hillside Drive.
• On March 27 helped Vermont State Police at a drunk-driving checkpoint in Shoreham.
• On March 28 dealt with an accident on Main Street near the Small City Market in which an empty car rolled across the street and struck a parked car.
• On March 29 responded to the area near the Otter Creek falls after receiving a report that a woman was performing a sex act on a man in public. Police talked to the two Northlands students involved and returned them to the campus.
• On March 29 disposed of about 30 empty heroin bags, syringes and spoons found on School Street.
• On March 29 returned a handbag found on School Street to its owner.
• On March 29 responded to a report of a VUHS student who had failed to show up for a class; police found the student heading home and took the student there.
• On March 29 accepted four tips about illegal drug activity in the Vergennes area.
• On March 29 sent the department Drug Recognition Expert to help Middlebury police; city police said the DRE determined a driver had been under the influence.
• On March 30 helped the Addison County Sheriff’s Department at a Panton Road, Panton, vehicle search; police said heroin was found.
• On March 31 checked a report that two people were dealing drugs on the city green, but found no one upon arrival.
• On March 31 issued two tickets to Ferland Adams, 95, of Vergennes for violating the restrictions on his driver’s license; police said Adams must have someone in the car with him when he drives, and that on the 31st and on an earlier occasion he did not.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.