Middlebury Police Log: Middlebury man cited for domestic assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Dennis Bonnin, 32, of Middlebury for domestic assault, following an incident at a John Graham Court residence on March 31. Police said that Bonnin is alleged to have struck a woman in the head. He was lodged that evening at the Marble Valley Correctional Center, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a domestic disturbance at a Seminary Street residence on March 25.
• Served a no-trespass notice on March 25 on a person not wanted at a North Pleasant Street residence.
• Received a report that someone had stolen some clothing from the Middlebury Union High School girls’ locker room on March 26.
• Responded to a report of an unruly student at the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center on March 26.
• Responded to a truancy report at MUHS on March 26.
• Assisted Two Brothers Tavern workers with an intoxicated patron on March 26.
• Responded to two noise complaints at a South Pleasant Street residence on March 28.
• Cited a local juvenile student for simple assault in connection with an incident at Middlebury Union Middle School on March 28.
• Investigated a dispute between two Foster Circle neighbors on March 28.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a person who was not wanted at a Nashua Lane residence on March 29.
• Cited Alexandra Parks, 24, of Bristol for driving under the influence, following a stop at McDonald’s Restaurant on Court Street on March 29.
• Received a report of a car break-in on Mill Street on March 29.
• Responded to a reported drug deal in the Seminary Street area on March 29. The alleged culprits had left when police arrived on the scene.
• Were informed of some thefts of personal items from the MUHS girls’ locker room on March 29.
• Received a report that someone had written some obscene graffiti in the MUHS boys’ bathroom on March 29.
• Received a report that someone had slashed tires on two vehicles parked at the John Graham Court complex on March 30.
• Took, to the Marble Valley Correctional Center, a very drunk man who was found lying in Halpin Road on March 30.
• Grounded the vehicle of a woman who had driven onto the sidewalk off Washington Street on March 30. Police said the woman had ingested three sleeping pills.
• Responded to a report of shots fired in the Cross Street area on March 31. Police said no shots had been fired and that the person who made the report was referred to mental health counseling.
• Received a report about a man allegedly trying to start a fight in the Maplefields lot off North Pleasant Street on March 31. Police said the man left prior to their arrival.
• Got mental health counseling for a Cross Street residence on March 31.
• Investigated a report of a suspicious person in the Court Street Extension area on March 31.
• Served court diversion paperwork to a drunken, underage Middlebury College student who allegedly ran away from college public safety officials in the Shannon Street area on March 31.
• Investigated a domestic violence complaint at a Case Street residence on March 31. Police said two people allegedly involved in the three-person dispute were taken to a motel for the night.
• Received information in a local drug investigation on April 1.
• Investigated the reported theft of a wallet from Hannaford Supermarket on Court Street on April 1. Police said the wallet was recovered, minus the money it contained.
• Served a no-trespass notice on April 1 for a person not wanted at a Mead Lane residence on April 1.
RIPTON — The memorial service in celebration of the life of Rev. Wayne Alfred Holsman, 87, … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.