Middlebury Police Log: Ripton man cited for possession
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Eric Manning, 40, of Ripton for possession of marijuana, following a traffic stop on Route 7 South on Feb. 20.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted in the search of an 8-year-old child who had walked away from a babysitter in the Seymour Street neighborhood on Feb. 19. Police said the child was found and returned home.
• Responded to the reported theft of a bracelet from a College Street residence on Feb. 19.
• Investigated a report of suspected illegal drug activity in the Route 7 South neighborhood on Feb. 19.
• Investigated a report of two men carrying rifles on Main Street on Feb. 20. Police said it turned out the men were carrying toy guns to the bus station.
• Took a drunken man to Porter Hospital.
• Assisted a Court Street resident who reported receiving harassing phone calls on Feb. 20.
• Were informed that some fishing equipment had been stolen from a Case Street residence on Feb. 21.
• Were informed that someone had stolen a pocketbook from a shopping cart at The Centre shopping plaza on Feb. 21.
• Turned a drunken student over to Middlebury College Public Safety on Feb. 22.
• Gave a drunken man a ride to the Greystone Motel on Feb. 22.
• Assisted rescue officials with a patient at a Kestrel Lane residence on Feb. 22.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man on Feb. 22 who was not wanted at a Court Street residence.
• Assisted the Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association in helping a patient at an Overbrook Drive home on Feb. 22.
• Cited Brandon Gell, 19, of Chappaqua, N.Y., for being a minor in possession of alcohol on College Street on Feb. 23.
• Turned a drunken student over to Middlebury College Public Safety on Feb. 23.
• Took a suicidal patient to Porter Hospital on Feb. 23.
• Assisted a woman who reported hearing “strange noises” in her East Main Street home on Feb. 23. Police found nothing amiss in the home.
• Warned a person who was in violation of the town’s open container ordinance on Shannon Street on Feb. 24.
• Responded to a reported domestic disturbance at an Elm Street residence on Feb. 24.
• Investigated a report of an assault in the Newton Drive area on Feb. 24.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.