Middlebury Police Log: Man lodged for drug possession
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Anthony C. Williams, 43, of Troy, N.Y., for possession of marijuana (5.33 ounces) following a stop for speeding on Court Street on Feb. 15. Police lodged Williams at the Marble Valley Correctional Center in Rutland.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a noise complaint in the Court Square area on Feb. 11.
• Served a no-trespass notice on Feb. 11 on a person who was not wanted on Mary Hogan Elementary School grounds.
• Investigated a reported accident, with injuries, in the Painter Road neighborhood on Feb. 11.
• Responded to reports of a suspicious person in the Evergreen Lane area on Feb. 12.
• Investigated a report of a possible drug deal in the parking lot of the Blue Spruce Motel on Feb. 12. Police said they found three men in the lot, but found no evidence of drugs on them or in their motel room.
• Responded to a one-vehicle accident on Washington Street Extension on Feb. 13. The driver, Eric Shaw, 42, of Ticonderoga, N.Y., was arrested on an outstanding warrant for a bad check, police said.
• Were informed of two cows on the loose on Route 7 North on Feb. 13. The owner responded and retrieved the cows.
• Investigated a burglary at a South Main Street residence on Feb. 13. Police said someone forced their way into the residence to steal assorted jewelry and dishes.
• Investigated a dispute between some Court Street neighbors on Feb. 14.
• Cited Shane Branchaud, 30, of Addison for driving with a suspended license (criminal count) and possession of marijuana (2.3 grams) on Middle Road South on Feb. 14.
• Warned a shopper who had left his toddler sleeping alone in his vehicle parked at The Centre shopping plaza on Feb. 14.
• Investigated a reported theft at Dunkin Donuts on Court Street on Feb. 14. Police said they are investigating a suspect caught on the store’s video security system.
• Responded to a disorderly conduct complaint at Porter Medical Center on Feb. 14.
• Took into protective custody a drunken man in dark clothing who had allegedly been jumping in front of traffic near Rosie’s Restaurant on Route 7 on Feb. 15. Police said they measured the man’s blood-alcohol level at 0.176 percent.
• Cited Vincent D. Roman, 20, and Carol A. Linn, 46, both of Vergennes, for retail theft, stemming from an alleged incident at Hannaford Supermarket in The Centre shopping plaza on Feb. 15. Police said the pair had attempted to leave the store without paying for some items. Police added Linn was also cited for violating the conditions of her release.
• Served a no-trespass order on a person who was not wanted at a Route 7 North property on Feb. 15.
• Responded to a report of a disruptive and possibly suicidal man at the Blue Spruce Motel on Route 7 on Feb. 16. Authorities determined the man was not suicidal and the organization Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects provided him with a room for the night.
• Served no-trespass orders on Feb. 16 on a man and a woman who were not wanted on a Munson Road property.
• Got counseling help for a Cross Street resident who had filed false crime reports on Feb. 15 and 16.
• Served court diversion paperwork on a young woman who was in possession of an open container of alcohol on Adirondack View on Feb. 16.
• Released, into the custody of his spouse, a very drunk man who allegedly fell off a bar stool at Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street on Feb. 17. Police said they measured the man’s blood-alcohol level at 0.31 percent. As a point of comparison, the legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
• Investigated a larceny complaint in the Washington Street area on Feb. 17.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)