Vergennes Police Log: Investigation leads to felony pot charge
VERGENNES — Vergennes police on Jan. 9 cited a 20-year-old city resident for a felony count of selling marijuana.
Cited was Chelsea Barrows of West Street. Police said the citation was the result of a lengthy investigation.
In other action between Jan. 7 and 13, Vergennes police:
• On Jan. 7 received a call from the Addison Northwest Supervisory Union office that a woman had made phone threats to them. Police were then informed she was on the way to Ferrisburgh Central School and backed up Vermont State Police there; VSP cited the woman for driving with a suspended license. On Jan. 11 police were told she was driving her children to school illegally again, and informed VSP.
• On Jan. 8 received a tip about illegal drug activity in the area.
• On Jan. 8 and 9 helped Vergennes Union High School personnel deal with students’ behavioral and academic problems.
• On Jan. 9 served subpoenas to city residents on behalf of the state’s attorney’s office.
• On Jan. 9 looked into vandalism — driving across a lawn — on Alden Place.
• On Jan. 9 calmed a mother-daughter dispute at a West Street home.
• On Jan. 9 on behalf of VSP checked out a report of gunshots on Fuller Mountain Road in Ferrisburgh, but found nothing.
• On Jan. 9 sent the department Drug Recognition Expert to help VSP at its New Haven barracks; the DRE determined that a driver was under the influence.
• On Jan. 10 accepted a report of a hit-and-run car accident in a Ferrisburgh church parking lot.
• On Jan. 10 responded to a call of a suspicious person outside a First Street home; police found footprints.
• On Jan. 10 ticketed one of the drivers involved in a minor two-car accident on Main Street.
• On Jan. 10 calmed a mother-son dispute at a Green Street residence.
• On Jan. 10 responded to a one-car accident on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh on behalf of VSP.
• On Jan. 11 accepted three tips about illegal drug activity in Vergennes and Ferrisburgh.
• On Jan. 11 backed up VSP at a Monkton domestic situation in which police said a man with a weapon was threatening harm to himself and his family. Police said the man surrendered the weapon to VSP.
• On Jan. 11 were told the tires of a car parked on Victory Street had been punctured.
• On Jan. 11 twice responded to the John Graham Shelter to help personnel there deal with a loud and argumentative resident, who was asked to leave the second time.
• On Jan. 11 went to a Main Street apartment because its occupant said she wanted a guest removed, but learned the occupant had changed her mind.
• On Jan. 11 directed traffic around a car fire on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh.
• On Jan. 12 secured an unlocked door at the St. Peter’s Church Parish Hall.
• On Jan. 12 dealt with a minor two-car accident on Main Street.
• On Jan. 12 told a man squatting in an empty Main Street apartment to leave.
• On Jan. 12 told three Northlands Job Corps students who had put up a tent and lit a campfire near the Otter Creek falls to pull up stakes.
• On Jan. 12 checked out a report of gunshots in New Haven on behalf of VSP, but found nothing.
• On Jan. 12 helped the Vergennes-Panton Water District find a line break on Monkton Road and directed traffic while it was repaired.
• On Jan. 13 arrested Japheth Kehoe, 28, of Weybridge on an outstanding Rutland County warrant and lodged him at the Chittenden County Correctional Center.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75