Vermont State Police Log: Man lodged after allegedly violating abuse prevention order
ADDISON COUNTY — On Dec. 7 at around 1:30 p.m. Vermont State Police in New Haven responded to the report of an abuse prevention order violation in Ripton.
As a result of their investigation, troopers arrested Brian Booska, 37, of Middlebury for violating an abuse prevention order. He was lodged at the Chittenden County Correctional Center for lack of $10,000 bail.
Separately, a New Haven woman was jailed last Friday as the result of allegedly engaging in two assaults, as well as having contact with a man with whom she is legally barred from contacting.
At 8 a.m. on Dec. 7, troopers were called to Main Street in Rochester to investigate an alleged assault. Police arrested Darren Boardman, 24, of Royalton and cited him for violation of conditions of release after he was found to have contact with 19-year-old Keisha Richards of New Haven. There is a Windsor County conditions order to have no contact with each other. Troopers also arrested Richards and cited her for violation of conditions of release. They also charged her with two counts of simple assault for allegedly spraying somebody with pepper spray after an altercation and assaulting another person in a fight causing cuts and minor injuries to the face.
VSP sent Richards to Southeast State Correctional Facility in lieu of $750 bail.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On Dec. 4 at approximately 8:30 p.m. responded with Vergennes police to a two-car fender-bender involving 17- and 18-year-old drivers on Botsford Road in Ferrisburgh. One vehicle was towed due to disabling damage, but no one was injured.
• On Dec. 5 at around 10 p.m. cited Owen Iannotti, 20, of North Bennington for possession of marijuana, after stopping Iannotti’s car for speeding on Route 22A in Bridport.
• On Dec. 6 at 1:30 p.m. responded to a minor accident at the Mobil gas station parking lot on Route 7 in North Ferrisburgh. Police said the driver of a Green Mountain Power truck was backing up and struck a Ford Explorer causing minor front-end damage to the Ford and almost no damage to the utility truck.
• On Dec. 6 at approximately 2:13 p.m. received a report of a burglary off Route 116 in Starksboro. The caretaker for the residence saw a vehicle there and stopped to investigate. He and his wife discovered two men inside the residence. They told the men to leave, then called VSP. The men, who fled north on Route 116 in a brown Subaru wagon, were described as late 20s to early 30s. One of them had blond hair and blue eyes; the other dark hair and dark eyes. Both were short in stature.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to contact VSP at 802-388-4919, or submit an anonymous tip by texting “CRIMES” to keyword VTIPS.
• On Dec. 6 at 4:16 p.m. cited William T. Brown, 39, of Brandon for driving with a criminally suspended license on Route 7 in Rutland. Police also removed his vehicle’s license plates before it was towed.
• Looked into a report that on Dec. 6 between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. a Pheasant Run Lane residence in Bridport was entered and the assailant stole cash, jewelry and a Kindle e-reader. Anyone with information on this burglary or who may have seen anything suspicious near the lake in Bridport is asked to call VSP at 388-4919.
• On Dec. 6 at 6:15 p.m. stopped a vehicle driven by Eric Fifield, 22, of Middlebury for traveling in excess of 30 mph over the posted speed limit on Parks-Hurlburt Road in Monkton. The trooper cited Fifield for speeding.
• On Dec. 6 at approximately 6:20 p.m. arrested Jeffrey Paul Preseau, 33, of Addison at his residence on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear at Addison Superior Court on Dec. 3. Preseau was later lodged at the Marble Valley Correctional Facility in lieu of $400 bail.
• On Dec. 8 at 8:14 p.m. received a report of a vehicle off the roadway on Plank Road in New Haven. Police said their investigation showed that Travis Greene, 41, of Bristol was driving westbound on Plank Road at an excessive speed, failed to navigate the sharp curve in the roadway and traveled off the road. Police said Greene continued driving through a field for approximately 300 feet before getting stuck. Criminal charges are pending.
• On Dec. 8 at 11:42 p.m. stopped a vehicle traveling southbound on Lake Street in Shoreham for erratic operation. The trooper issued the driver, identified as William M. Madison, 19, of Shoreham, a citation to appear in court on Feb. 4 to answer the charge of careless and negligent driving.
• On Dec. 9 at 8:15 a.m. responded to a two-vehicle crash on Morse Road in Cornwall. Police said Sean Stearns, 41, of Cornwall was westbound on Morse Road in a 1996 Ford Superduty truck and January Stearns, 43, of Cornwall had turned from Route 30 and was traveling eastbound on Morse Road, when Sean Stearns was reportedly distracted and looking to his left. He allegedly drifted into the eastbound lane and collided with Jan Stearns’ 2008 Honda Odyssey. Both vehicles were damaged, but no injuries were reported.
• On Dec. 9 at approximately 10 a.m. responded to a reported domestic disturbance on Route 17 in New Haven. Troopers arrested Matthew Shepard, 32, of New Haven, cited him for a misdemeanor domestic assault and released him with conditions.
• On Dec. 9 at approximately 5:10 p.m. responded to Route 125 in Bridport, where troopers said Nil Bulkat, 40, of Beaconsfield, Quebec, was driving eastbound near the intersection of West Market Road when she allegedly looked down at her phone and went off the south side of the road.
After leaving the road the vehicle traveled approximately 100 feet and collided with a utility pole, which totaled the vehicle.
Members of the Bridport Fire Department extracted Bulkat from her vehicle, and the Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association transported her to Porter Hospital to be treated for soft tissue injuries. Senior Trooper Joseph Pregent reported that based on the initial investigation speed, alcohol and operating while being distracted are all considered factors in this crash. This crash remains under investigation.
• On the morning of Dec. 10 began investigating a burglary at a locked home on Munger Street in New Haven, where approximately $2,500 of property including jewelry and electronic equipment was reported stolen. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Andrew Leise at 1-802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On Dec. 10 at 2:57 p.m. responded to a one-car accident on Lower Hardscrabble Road in Bristol. Police said Kristen Kouwenhoven, 42, of Bristol was northbound on the road in a Honda Pilot when she failed to keep her vehicle on the damp pavement of the roadway. Upon going off the east side of the road, the passenger side of the Pilot struck a utility pole, and the vehicle then came to a stop. Power was out at multiple residences for a short time, but VSP reported that Green Mountain Power made a timely response to the scene and restored power quickly. No injuries were reported.
• On Dec. 11 reported that a trooper had cited Melinda Newton, 19, of Starksboro for misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and unlawful mischief. The citation resulted from a Nov. 27 call to police reporting a family fight in Starksboro. Investigation showed that a window was broken during an argument that included loud profanity outside the residence.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.