Health plans will have these 10 elements
MIDDLEBURY — According to the federal Affordable Care Act, all insurance plans offered in Vermont by 2014 must contain 10 essential elements.
Those are coverage for:
1. “Ambulatory patient services,” which refers to outpatient hospital care and walk-in care at medical practices.
2. Emergency care.
3. Prescription drugs.
4. Rehabilitative and chronic illness care.
6. Maternity and newborn care.
7. Mental health and substance abuse care.
8. Laboratory services.
9. Prevention and wellness care.
10. Pediatric dental and eye care.
These requirements are in addition to the basic mandates in the ACA that insurance companies may not refuse to cover customers with pre-existing conditions or drop customers who develop health problems, and must cover children until the age of 26.
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75