Vergennes Police Log: Brawl at nightclub draws charges
VERGENNES — Vergennes police have cited two Ferrisburgh men for their roles in a July 27 brawl at the City Limits nightclub that police said involved about a dozen individuals.
Police said they are still reviewing the incident, and more citations are likely to be handed out for involvement in an altercation that began shortly before midnight that Friday.
Already cited for simple assault in the case were Seth Gebo, 25, and Dylan Barrows, 24, both of Ferrisburgh.
That incident occurred at roughly the same time as Vergennes police were called to assist Vermont State Police with the second-degree homicide case at a Sand Road, Ferrisburgh, bonfire. The department canine helped track the murder suspect, and a department officer transported the suspect after he was caught to the VSP’s New Haven barracks.
In other action between July 23 and 29, Vergennes police:
• On July 23 helped Vergennes Union High School personnel deal with a troubled student.
• On July 23 told a suspicious man on a bicycle to move on from St. Peter’s Catholic Church property.
• On July 23 dealt with a two-vehicle accident near the intersection of Main Street and Monkton Road.
• On July 23 dislodged a pipe that had become stuck under the Kayhart Crossing overpass; police said the pipe had been on top of a truck that went under the rail bridge.
• On July 24 were told a person was missing from a Green Street residence; the individual returned home.
• On July 25 began investigating the theft of power tools from an Ice House Court garage.
• On July 25 were told a kid’s bike was stolen from a Main Street apartment building.
• On July 25 cleaned up a messy campsite in bushes near Settlers’ Park.
• On July 25 looked into vandalism on Hillside Drive in which graffiti was written on an apartment door and a car was scratched.
• On July 25 checked a Main Street apartment after a report of a woman was heard crying there, but no one was home.
• On July 25 on behalf of VSP checked a report of a drunken man throwing rocks at cars on Middlebrook Road in Ferrisburgh, but found no one.
• On July 26 helped South Burlington police; the department’s Drug Recognition Expert went there to evaluate the operator of a car involved in a major accident.
• On July 26 accepted keys found by a citizen.
• On July 27 accepted prescription drugs found by a public works department employee.
• On July 27 told a youth riding a motor scooter on School Street not to do so.
• On July 27 issued tickets for underage drinking to three Northlands Job Corps students, who were in Settlers’ Park.
• On July 28 investigated an incident of a man allegedly inappropriately touching a woman and referred the case to the state’s attorney’s office.
• On July 28 found a purse in the Hillside Drive area.
• On July 28 were told a car parked on Hillside Drive had been keyed.
• On July 29 on behalf of VSP went to deal with a reported fight at a drinking party on Twitchell Hill Road in New Haven, but found nobody.
• On July 29 calmed an argument on Walker Avenue.
• On July 29 freed a woman who had been accidentally locked in the city pool’s locker room at closing time.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)