Middlebury Police Log: Shoplifter cited for incident on Main Street
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Martina Anderson, 25, of Warren for retail theft at Carolyn’s Closet on Main Street on July 6. Anderson admitted to stealing merchandise from several downtown stores, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated the reported theft of an iPhone from a Seminary Street residence on July 2.
• Responded to the reported theft of a wallet from a person at Shaw’s Supermarket on Washington Street on July 2. Police said the thief returned the wallet.
• Received a report of a panhandler outside Kinney Drugs on Court Street on July 2.
• Cited Kyle C. Little, 25, of Starksboro for possession of marijuana following an investigation at Otter View Park.
• Responded to reports of a “strange looking fox” near the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel on Route 7 South on July 3. Police said a man reported the fox with bald patches had approached him.
• Removed a deer that had been hit by a vehicle on Route 7 South, near Lower Foote Street, on July 3.
• Assisted a local woman who reported being followed by two men in the Buttolph Drive area on July 3.
• Responded to Middlebury College Public Safety’s request for the removal of drugs that had been discovered in a room at Stewart Hall on July 3.
• Investigated a report on July 3 that someone had urinated on books at the Ilsley Public Library on June 27 and 28.
• Responded to a report of a fight in front of Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street on July 4. Police later learned that there was no fight, but that an intoxicated customer had become argumentative with the doormen.
• Responded to noise complaints in the Buttolph Drive and Weybridge Street neighborhoods on July 4.
• Cited a local man for driving with a suspended license on Bakery Lane on July 4.
• Assisted a local woman who was receiving unwanted contact from her ex-husband on July 4.
• Told a Creek Road resident to stop setting off fireworks on July 4.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a local man, and also seized several swords from his home, on July 4.
• Cited Tanya Marie Brace, 22, of New Haven for disorderly conduct following an alleged incident at the Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects (HOPE) headquarters on Boardman Street on July 5.
• Picked up some syringes that were found in the Ilsley Library parking lot on July 5.
• Gave a drunken man a ride to his home on Seymour Street on July 6.
• Located the owner of a truck that had accidentally dumped some sheetrock on Route 7 South on July 6. Police said the owner was asked to clean up the debris.
• Investigated a report of a person driving with a suspended license on Court Street Extension on July 6.
• Responded to a family dispute at a Maecliff Court home on July 7.
• Assisted Middlebury College Public Safety with parties involved in a verbal dispute on campus on July 7.
• Responded to a vandalism complain at a Green Mountain Place residence on July 7. Police said someone had broken a railing and smashed a glass on the rear porch of the residence.
• Responded to the Middlebury American Legion Hall on July 7 to assist rescue officials with an intoxicated woman. Police said the woman was released into the custody of a sober person.
• Cited a man for driving with a suspended license on North Pleasant Street on July 8.
• Responded to a family dispute at a School House Hill Road residence on July 9.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.