Middlebury Police Log: Local woman receives multiple citations
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Tanya Marie Brace, 22, of New Haven for unlawful mischief, trespassing and simple assault, following an alleged incident at a Merchants Row apartment on May 7.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted a drunken woman who had fallen down some stairs at a North Pleasant Street residence on May 7.
• Responded to a vehicle hitting and killing a deer on Case Street on May 8. Police said the people in the heavily damaged vehicle were not injured.
• Were informed that two bad checks had been passed at Green Peppers Restaurant on Washington Street on May 8.
• Cited two Middlebury Union High School students for underage drinking on May 9 after being shown Facebook photos of the pair holding cans of beer.
• Served a no-trespass order on May 8 on a local woman who was not wanted at a Winooski address.
• Took a homeless, panhandling man from the Middlebury Short Stop on Court Street to the Blue Spruce Motel.
• Helped remove an unwanted cat from a Jayne Court apartment on May 10.
• Were informed that someone had broken a window out of the Aurora School on Peterson Terrace on May 10.
• Cited another MUHS student for underage drinking after being shown a Facebook image of the youth consuming alcohol.
• Assisted a local woman who had been receiving unwanted phone calls on May 10.
• Received a report of the theft of a basketball hoop from a Woodland Park residence on May 10.
• Responded to the reported theft of some compact discs from a vehicle parked off Creek Road on May 10.
• Ticketed a youth found to be in possession of a fake ID and for being a minor in possession of alcohol at a Main Street business on May 11.
• Took a suicidal woman to Porter Hospital for evaluation on May 11.
• Looked into a report of a man with a girl walking into the woods off Exchange Street on May 11, and found that the man and his daughter were killing time while they waited for his other daughter to finish her dance class.
• Broke up a dispute between a drunken couple on College Street on May 12.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Middlebury College social house on South Street on May 12.
• Warned two men for being in violation of the town’s open container ordinance on North Pleasant and Main streets on May 13.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to four youths who had consumed alcohol in the Seymour Street neighborhood on May 13.
• Responded to complaints about a loud party at a North Pleasant Street residence on May 13.
• Cited a local woman for driving with a suspended license on Exchange Street on May 13.
• Cited a New Haven woman for driving with a suspended license on Exchange Street on May 13.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75