Middlebury Police Log: Police look into $12K missing from business
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police are investigating the alleged embezzlement of $12,248 from the Maverick gas station on Court Street reported on May 3. Store officials told police they suspect the theft might have occurred around May 1.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Investigated a burglary at a South Street Extension residence on April 30. Police said the thief stole a jewelry box.
• Were informed that someone stole a 14-karat gold wedding band (with imprinted floral design) from Middlebury Union High School on May 1. Police said the theft occurred during a performance of the school play.
• Received a report that someone had urinated on several books at the Ilsley Library on April 30. Library officials have assessed the damage at more than $500.
• Cited a local juvenile for possession of marijuana following an alleged incident at MUHS on May 1.
• Responded to a report of someone allegedly stealing medicine from a Valley View Drive residence on May 1.
• Found drug paraphernalia in a Seymour Street apartment on May 1.
• Cited Christopher L. Cram, 34, of Clarendon for violation of a relief from abuse order, following an alleged incident on Methodist Lane on May 1.
• Responded to a report of a loud party in the Washington Street area on May 1.
• Investigated a report of thieves breaking into a vehicle parked off Main Street on May 2.
• Took a truant student to school on May 2.
• Received a report that someone had written some obscene words along the pathway to Otter View Park off Weybridge Street on May 4.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a person with an open container of alcohol on Main Street on May 4.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a drunken, injured male on Storrs Avenue on May 5.
• Ticketed two men for violating the town’s open container ordinance on May 5.
• Cited William W. Hurt, 22, of Avon, Conn., for driving under the influence following an accident behind the Otter Creek Bakery on Main Street on May 5. Police said Hurt drove over the driveway and down an embankment. Police said they measured Hurt’s blood-alcohol content at 0.201 percent. The legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
• Responded to a family dispute at a Maecliff Court residence on May 5.
• Responded to reports of a large, loud party at a Seymour Street Extension residence on May 5. Neighbors gave police reports of drunken people urinating on a private yard and onto children’s toys, as well as on firewood.
• Cited two local juveniles in connection with an incident at a barn off South Street Extension on May 5. Police said a resident heard glass breaking at the barn. Police investigated the incident and ultimately cited one juvenile for unlawful mischief and driving under the influence, while the other was cited for unlawful mischief.
• Investigated a family dispute at a Fields Road residence on May 5.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to two drunken youths on the Middlebury College campus on May 6. Police said they also issued a no-trespass order to one of the youths.
• Cited Zachary K. Driscoll, 21, of Concord, Mass., for driving under the influence, following a stop for speeding on May 6. Police said they measured Driscoll’s blood-alcohol level at 0.083 percent.
• Responded to a disorderly conduct complaint McDonald’s Restaurant on Route 7 South on May 6. Police said a youth was allegedly creating a mess on the property using “McDrizzle” caramel sauce. The youths had left by the time police arrived.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75