Middlebury Police Log: Fighting man, theft at college, verbal disputes occupy police
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Joshua S. Cave, 35, of Leicester for aggravated assault, following a reported fight outside a Court Street residence on April 4. Police said the alleged victim sustained cuts and bruises.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Got medical help for a woman who was standing in front of the Seymour Street fire station on April 2 saying she was depressed and that she had taken around 80 Tylenol pills.
• Ticketed two juvenile Middlebury Union High School students for being minors in possession of tobacco on Court Street on April 2.
• Received a report of a homeless person sleeping in one of the doorways of the Battell Block building on Main Street on April 2.
• Responded to a report of a baby locked in a vehicle parked on Collins Drive on April 3.
• Assisted a local woman who had been receiving harassing phone calls on April 3.
• Discovered a nasty Facebook dispute between two MUHS students on April 4. Police urged the two students to stop the bickering.
• Received a report that a knife had been stolen from a kitchen at Middlebury College on April 3.
• Were informed that someone had stolen an xBox 360 electronic game system from Middlebury College’s Palmer House off Ridgeline Road on April 3.
• Received a report of a missing prescription pad from a physician’s office on Court Street on April 4.
• Investigated the reported theft of some sterling silver flatware from a South Gorham Lane home on April 4.
• Were informed that a cell phone had been stolen from a worker at the Vermont Adult Learning headquarters on Boardman Street on April 4.
• Ticketed two MUHS students for being minors in possession of tobacco on the American Legion playing field off Creek Road on April 4.
• Investigated a reported burglary at a Middle Road home on April 5.
• Disposed of drugs that had been collected by Middlebury College Public Safety on April 5.
• Served a no-trespass order on April 6 on a local woman who was not wanted at Middlebury Foot Care on Court Street.
• Received a report that someone had stolen heart medication from a Merchants Row home on April 6.
• Were informed that a woman tried to use a fake $5 bill to pay for merchandise at the Marble Works Pharmacy on Maple Street on April 6. Police said the woman left the store while the bill was being checked.
• Cited a Salisbury man for driving with a suspended license on Court Street on April 6.
• Responded to a dispute between neighbors in the Foster Circle neighborhood on April 7.
• Investigated an alleged assault at a Seymour Street residence on April 7.
• Were informed that someone had stolen an iPod Touch and photos from a vehicle parked (with open windows) off Court Street on April 7.
• Helped mediate a family dispute at a Forest Ridge Drive residence on April 8.
• Responded to a domestic assault case at the Village Depot on Court Street on April 8. Police said both the man and woman in the case were intoxicated and each claimed to have been hit by the other. Both individuals were turned over to sober parties for the night, according to police.
MIDDLEBURY — Bernard D. Kimball, 76, passed away in Bennington Hospital on Jan. 10, 2023. … (read more)
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)