Middlebury Police Log: Erratic driving lands driver with a DUI citation
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Brian Alexander, 22, of Lincoln, Mass., for driving under the influence, following a stop on Court Street on Jan. 21. Police said they pulled over Alexander because they had seen him driving erratically.
Police said they measured Alexander’s blood-alcohol content at 0.158 percent. The legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Cited Victoria L. Pendleton, 19, of Middlebury for simple assault, after an alleged fight in the Newton Lane area on Jan. 16.
• Responded to a report of horses loose again on Seminary Street Extension on Jan. 16.
• Assisted a local man who reported receiving threatening messages on Jan. 16.
• Responded to a report of a driver leaving Maplefields on North Street without paying for gas on Jan. 17.
• Received a report that a tractor-trailer truck had taken out a lamppost on Washington Street on Jan. 17.
• Responded to a report of a minor trying to use a fake identification card to buy alcohol at the Middlebury Short Stop on Court Street on Jan. 17.
• Investigated a theft complaint at a Weybridge Street home on Jan. 17. Police said the victim reported an acquaintance had stolen some jewelry and then sold it to a store.
• Responded to a trespassing complain at Shaw’s Supermarket on Washington Street on Jan. 18.
• Arrested Heather M. Yandow, 35, of Shoreham on an outstanding warrant, at Middlebury Union High School on Jan. 19.
• Assisted a local man whose identity was used by someone else to open a credit card account on Jan. 18.
• Responded to two noise complaints in the North Pleasant Street neighborhood on Jan. 19.
• Received a report that the Middlebury Animal Hospital had received a bad check for $196 on Jan. 19.
• Were informed of the theft of a computer stool from Middlebury College’s McCullough Hall on Jan. 19.
• Investigated a reported car-deer collision on Route 7 North on Jan. 19.
• Took a very drunk man to Porter Hospital on Jan. 19.
• Ticketed a youth for trying to use a fake ID to buy alcohol at the Hannaford Supermarket on Jan. 19.
• Cited Christopher L. Grabowski, 22, of Chapel Hill, N.C., for driving under the influence, after he was allegedly seen traveling the wrong way on College Street on Jan. 20. Police said they measured Grabowski’s blood-alcohol content at 0.088 percent.
• Responded to a report of a woman panhandling on Main Street on Jan. 20.
• Ticketed a youth who tried to use a fake ID to buy alcohol at the Hannaford Supermarket on Jan. 20.
• Got medical help for a very drunk young woman who was in distress on the College Street sidewalk on Jan. 21.
• Were informed on Jan. 21 that someone had passed three bad checks at Middlebury Beef Supply on Route 7 South.
• Ticketed two youths who tried to use fake IDs to buy alcohol at the Hannaford Supermarket on Jan. 21.
• Took into protective custody a very drunk woman from the Court Street Extension area on Jan. 21.
• Helped a homeless couple get temporary housing at the Blue Spruce Motel on Jan. 22.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.